AuthorTopic: A small Chapel.  (Read 3311 times)

sonic_reaper

A small Chapel.

on: January 16, 2006, 05:24:22 am
C&C kindly welcomed.  This is still a work in progress obviously, however, I would appreciate any input as I am TERRIBLE with architecture (as well as all other areas of art - color, figures, animation, and so on).  Tiles are 32x32.  Tiling in this case does not matter much however since it's going to be used as is and not as separate tiles individually.

An update;

I decided to remove the angel statue and create it as a separate image (I'll add and adjust it later after the Chapel is mostly finalized).

I really don't know what to do about the roof.  Nothing seems to look right.

And another update, more or less finalized.  This is what I'm going to put onto the tile sheet.  Uhm, yay me?  This has been a strange experience, like talking to myself while posting for others to see my thoughts.  Hm, the colors are a little iffy here and there.  Maybe I will update it some more?

And the interior.

I know some of you are absolutely cringing, yet you hold your tongue.  To you chaps, I say, what restraint!  I think the biggest kick in the donkey here is that I'm getting paid to make these totally sub-par tiles when I know of some people doing work of much higher quality for free.  Oh wellz!  I think I'll make a Nun to go with the scene.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 11:20:45 pm by sonic_reaper »

Offline entivore

• Never known love
    • View Profile

Re: A small Chapel.

Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 03:48:12 am
Perhaps it is your style, but the wood is very plastic-like and the bricks are almost metallic.  The bell looks a little bland by comparison.

The stained glass is really nice.   :D

Also the grass is flat, even right up to the wall.  It should stick up at least a little bit.

The only comment I have about the inside, is that I think the rug is too bright and blurry.  (saturated perhaps?)
Only in the darkness can one most brightly shine

暗闇だけで最も明るい状態で光り輝くことができる

Offline 125four

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 08:57:23 am
The chapel is lovely, esp. the stained glass and the statue. I'd have to agree with entivore about the bricks though, maybe if you reduce the highlight on them it would be better.
 I too have problems with the carpet standing out too much. It looks like it's viewed directly from the top. To give it an illusion of perspective you could make the purple squares in the pattern a pixel shorter while leaving the width the same.
Great work!

Offline FireFly

• ~
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Account

Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 12:41:14 pm
Great job, but I can just find two things..
In the indoors view, the door-hole in the end of the room I think should have wood around it, it looks a bit weird as it is now..
The bell also looks weird, as said before..
/ FireFly

sonic_reaper

Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 07:38:55 am
Thanks for the suggestions guys.  I would have preferred a total overhaul, but, what can ya do?  The final looks different and I took everyone's suggestion to heart.  However, the files themselves are quite large, so you'll have to take my word for it.

However, the Nun we indeed finished;