AuthorTopic: Just some small portraits...(and my new avvie)  (Read 6475 times)

Offline Niss

• View Profile
    • darkno.de

Just some small portraits...(and my new avvie)

on: August 14, 2005, 09:55:18 am

Originally I intended to have the face beeing illuminated by  two lightsources. Well it came out more like a face beeing painted in two colors... (But I can guess why I failed there). Played around with it a bit more and that came out>>

Offline Pegucha

• View Profile

Re: Just some small portraits...(and my new avvie)

Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 07:36:27 pm
The two lightsources seem inconsistent. I don't think there should be any blue illumination on the red side and vice versa. Also separating the two lightsources with black inbetween. I think putting it on a dark/black bg would help too.  Here's a super fast example  :)

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 08:05:46 pm
where are the portraits that were listed in the topic?
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Niss

• View Profile
    • darkno.de

Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 10:39:38 am
Pegucha: Nice edit you pretty much nailed it! (but without sounding smart-assed I figured the prob and specifically build upon my mistake. Nevermind and thank's again  ;D )

Dogmeat: Pics should be there why?

iSTVAN/dogmeat: Urrm my fault. With portraits I meant my avatar...
Dang you're absolutely right about the ear(s). Way too close to the eye! I'll have to fix that...

*EDIT on the ear

« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 08:52:22 am by Niss »

Offline istvan

• View Profile
    • Pixel Joint Gallery

Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 02:25:42 pm
I can't see any portrait pics either, just your avatar twice. Strange.

I think Pegucha's edit is really effective, but I enjoyed your original just as much. I liked how the light sourcing wasnt necessarily realistic or consistant, it made it more interesting. You're update is also very cool. I love how you've started blending the colours.

The only thing odd I've found has to do with the anatomy. I understand that its probably more stylish than accurate, but the positioning and size of the ear looks like it may have been overlooked.

Cool stuff though, always liked your work Niss.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 07:34:06 pm
I think he means that the portrait (portraits after edit) he made, is ALSO used as an avatar.
Just my two cents :P

And as for crits, I think that if instead of coloring half face red and half face blue, you had some "transition" coloring in between, would help the pic. (dither and add colors, purples etc)
And highlights might look better if you did them on the parts that stick out rather than the whole face.
Structure wise, you might want to make the ear bigger and place more on the side (and pixelled with its respective angle)

Other than that, good