AuthorTopic: Dylan Dog - WIP  (Read 4625 times)

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Dylan Dog - WIP

on: March 16, 2010, 10:26:30 am
I'm posting this ancient thing from the back of my hard drive in order to publicly shame myself into finishing it, and maybe get some pointers while I'm at it. Sounds reasonable, right?

It's a point 'n click adventure game mock-up based on one of my favorite comics, Dylan Dog.

Offline 7321551

• a.k.a. Jarrad
    • View Profile

Re: Dylan Dog - WIP

Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 11:05:54 pm
I don't have much time to post but I have to because this is excellent & needs more replies.

Not familiar with Dylan Dog but it really makes my day to see such a good Groucho. You really nailed him. Or nailed someone impersonating him, as the case may be.

Man-on-right's mouth is a little ambiguous - I can see it as open when zoomed-out - just a touch of shadow under the nose would fix it.
There's few stray pixels on center-man's clothes that might be unnecessary. Maybe.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 11:18:20 pm
Depending on how you're going to render the piece in the end you might want to desaturate the shadows of center guy(dylan?)'s clothing - especially on his shirt I feel that the dark red clashes somewhat with the darker gray you use for his jacket.

But knowing you that might just be a homage to bad coloring of old comic magazines plus a little wink to sucky shading of early 90s arcade games, dude D:

I say flesh out that background and give us a taste (even if it's just blobs) of what lighting you're gonna use, so we can tear that apart.

Also, I love it, fffuuuck, it looks good. Your ABILITY to construct an interesting scene is a skill I just want to absorb. It's cool, you can have my explosions, actually I think you've stolen them already.

Also burger night, fff, I want burgers.
' _ '

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 10:16:41 am
Necro-update!

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 11:31:54 am
Lovely. I'm eager to see how the view from the window (whatever it may be) will do to the whole scene, in terms of opening up the space and defining the location, time of the day etc.

Offline Chris2balls

• Pixel Artist
    • ckelsallpxls
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/14966.htm
    • chris2balls
    • chriskelsallpixelart
    • View Profile
    • Chris Kelsall's Pixel Portfolio

Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 03:32:54 pm
It looks great but I think the characters are a tiny bit too small.
☑ Available for work     ☒ Unavailable for work
Check out my portfolio if you are looking for a pixel artist!

Offline Sardone

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 08:22:01 pm
Hi, dylan shirt is bit odd here's an edit.

Also remember that "Dylan Dog" is a horror comic so i suggest to make a more dark/noir/twisted atmosphere maybe with greys and desaturated colors.