AuthorTopic: [WIP] Adventure character poop  (Read 7044 times)

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Adventure character poop

Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 03:17:13 am
Don't understand what's up with the girls face. What's with the white box? Is she wearing a helmet or something? The right hip might be a bit over-exaggerated. I like the pose though.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 12:51:44 pm
It's hair, with white bangs. It's crazy, I think it reads well, but apparently that's not the case for everyone. Hm.
' _ '

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 01:46:01 pm
I love this!

I am conflicted about the projection... perspective fits better with the idea of an adventure game, but the iso just looks more consistent to me. Maybe if you lowered the horizon (sort of like this) it would work a lot better. This would mean adjusting the perspective of the sprites to match, though.

I also think the woman's pose has lost a lot of energy it had in the original version. The change to the hip and the adjustment of the head to be more towards the viewer leads to this, for me.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 02:16:39 pm
I think you're right, the angle is a bit steep. Seems I've been subconsciously leveling out the guy's upper body while his legs remain in a separate plane. I was thinking I might be able to have my cake and eat it too, use perspective or iso depending on the scene, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 12:25:16 am
XD gahahahah well that response cracked me up!...you're right I should make some pixels  :o I'll make sure I post SOMETHING anyhow.

speaking of, here's an edit :p

if you dont wanna saturate the guy's purple then light it...I still think that tone gets lost....
The girl I'm posting mostly to suggest a way to have white pixels without taking away from the face's readability, you really shouldnt put that white there specially if it's something you'll see all the time like the stance pose...

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 01:27:33 am
It's hair, with white bangs. It's crazy, I think it reads well, but apparently that's not the case for everyone. Hm.

It doesn't read at all for me. Conceit's edit is better but I think the res is too low to pull it off well.

Here is an edit: