AuthorTopic: Basework, Walk Animation  (Read 2679 times)

Offline PostahBoy

• View Profile

Basework, Walk Animation

on: March 12, 2010, 09:47:19 pm
Hey guys im very new to pixel art and from loads of scanning I can tell this site has pretty much all the tools and experience here to help me progress. I have a base that i've started for a byond game and need some help with, tips and crits would be very usefull aswell as Im stuck in certain parts of getting the state to move fluently. I figured Id post my piece with only one part of the state left blank in hopes that someone would lend a helping hand. I can move on from there in doing the rest but Im stuck in correctly making the mid states of a person walking. Smaller bases ive seen tend to get away with 4 states but mines is slightly larger than most 32x32 and I thought 6 -7 states would make smooth transitions.

Thanks guys, help where you can.  :)

Offline sakket

• poop'n
    • View Profile
    • my yootoob

Re: Basework, Walk Animation

Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 10:22:25 am
theres a lot to work on here and I'm sure other guys are going to get to it but id just like to point out that for reversed-leg positions in a situation like this you can just copypaste the same form and recolor.

saves time :D

(also added a toe to the foot there. thought it needed it)
littleroller.blogspot.com

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 11:12:45 am
Hahaha, but sakket, now his foot depths are completely messed up! Redrawing is almost always better, the 'time' it saves to copypaste and recolor isn't worth a lot anyways.
' _ '

Offline sakket

• poop'n
    • View Profile
    • my yootoob

Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 04:54:53 pm
i noticed that right after I posted. XD

You can just raise up the background leg a pixel and that wold probably fix that If it really makes too big a difference. I was just going off another very good walk cycle thread i found on here, which probably applied more to side-scroller sprites. Would the method really be all that different?
littleroller.blogspot.com