AuthorTopic: 48x48 Face Template for free use (need pointers in shading)  (Read 5519 times)

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal
Hey, been a while since I dropped by in here... on part of my spare time I decided to create a face template, that will be used freely by anyone who needs a face base... for now the license will stay as CC-BY-SA 3.0, but I might change it once it is completed and shading has been fixed.

As you can see, I need pointers in the shading, mostly on the face... I have been studying this tutorial about shading faces:

The original link to the deviation / author's page here:
http://what-i-do-is-secret.deviantart.com/art/Basic-Face-Shading-Placement-36852415?offset=60

Well, I need your opinions, and help on this, it's appreciated. If you wanna edit it or something, that's also a plus.

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile
Something more like this maybe? I think the biggest issues are the somewhat undefined nose and the uniform way of shading (light on left, dark on right). Work on that a bit and you're well on your way!  :y:

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal
Something more like this maybe? I think the biggest issues are the somewhat undefined nose and the uniform way of shading (light on left, dark on right). Work on that a bit and you're well on your way!  :y:

Now that looks much better... thanks a lot for that edit. Going to analize it, and try doing the shading the proper way.