AuthorTopic: The Most Extreme Off-Topic Thread  (Read 83817 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: The Most Extreme Off-Topic Thread

Reply #120 on: August 11, 2005, 10:13:29 pm
has anyone been forced to resize pixel art to a slightly bigger scale and then use thousands of colors in it?
:(
me no like.

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #121 on: August 13, 2005, 12:30:53 am
Sounds like another mark of pixel job hell Kon...

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #122 on: August 14, 2005, 06:03:18 am
NO!!! Please don't make an official version! PLEASE! I am on my knees and begging. I love the channel how it is now, and wouldn't have it any other way. If an official version does come out, I will officially boycott it, and try to convince others to do the same.  Please, please, don't officialize it.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #123 on: August 14, 2005, 06:22:16 am
... define "official" plz

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #124 on: August 14, 2005, 09:31:44 am
... in less than 2 lines, alternating the color of each letter with neon green and that eye killing pink, and of course tabbed with the moving marquee.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #125 on: August 14, 2005, 04:28:58 pm
Anyone who ever thought ninjas were made up and fake, you have to see this, and I mean like ninja gaiden type stuff... This is my new hero.

http://www.spikedhumor.com/Article.aspx?id=75
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #126 on: August 14, 2005, 04:45:23 pm
And that has so little to do with actual ninja... And you can't tell me that's the first time you've seen that stuff? Sure, he's practiced and he's got the endurance, but a very small arsenal. Just catch the next chance you get at watching an actual tournament with martial arts like that, it's absolutely insane.

I saw some ninjutsu stuff on Eurosport once, a while ago. Can't remember the name of the event, but there were basically two guys "battling" it out like that, to music. Looks very much like some sort of stylized fight, but it's all just choreography. Then there was a team thing where a small group of people all did moves like that, timed with each other, to music of their choice and with matching clothes and accessories. My favorite group were the fluffy-pants bare-chested fellas with katanas...

... put simply: Martial arts kick ass. Literally.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #127 on: August 14, 2005, 05:21:31 pm
But if someone who was really good at martial arts encountered someone else who was really good at martial arts on the street and got into a fight, what would it look like? I've never seen a real, unsupervised, unchoreographed fight between 'ninjas.'

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #128 on: August 14, 2005, 06:06:46 pm
It'd probably not look as cool, at all. Since, you know, it'd be WAY more brute force and as little unnecessary skipping as possible. I watched some people show their stuff on... whatever that Discovery show was called. Ohyeah. Body, Mind and Kick-ass Moves.

Basically, if two hyper-mega-ninja like that would meet up on a street and face off, it'd either be over within 6 mind-blowing seconds of subtle blurryness, or they'd just shake hands go have a beer. A special ninja-beer.

One of the major tricks to ninjaness is knowing your opponent, though, and if they met each other for the first time, none of them could do any of those neat controlling trick things. So I think it'd be mostly super-offense, try to get the first hit. And once the first hit impacts, the other fighter either goes down, or manages to foresee the situation, blocks, and takes his opponent down.

In other words, other than really quick, it's not really all that exciting.

Offline Silver

• View Profile

Reply #129 on: August 14, 2005, 06:58:11 pm
hello
is silvir around here Iv seen he updated his site
I miss his art  :P