Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Frychiko
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

General Discussion / Re: honor over dollars
« on: December 18, 2009, 05:28:12 pm »
I take pride in the fact I never edit or rip sprites from others.

Do you also take pride in never stealing from anyone or knocking over blind people? Taking pride in not ripping sprites does not compute!

General Discussion / Re: Post your (real) desktop!
« on: September 24, 2009, 05:27:36 am »
Good lord.. CRT monitors! I see everyone has their prerequisite Wacom tablets..

This is my kitchen office where I am seated 99% of my waking day.. the other 1% are trips to the fridge / areas to rid of bodily wastes. Need to wipe grease off of everything occasionally because.. well it's the kitchen. To get to the bedroom or the "lounge room" you have to walk over the chair. That's Tokyo for ya.

General Discussion / Re: Official Off-Topic Thread
« on: September 23, 2009, 06:27:28 am »
Personally, I think that what you define as "biting" is just something novice programmers go through, not something that applies to trained professionals who know the difference between memory managed by reference types and dereferenced pointer types (example)

Heh.. "professionally trained" programmers? There are such people that get professionally trained to program? Sounds like university graduates who end up not knowing how to program at all.

As for those issues just biting novices.. only a novice would say something like that. Managing memory was a pain in the ass...

General Discussion / Re: Official Off-Topic Thread
« on: August 17, 2009, 04:35:56 am »
Heh, speaking of Driver's Licenses, mine expired a couple of years ago.. I feared I would have to go and do another test / practical test, but it was just a matter of getting it re-activated.

General Discussion / Re: Have all the good jobs dried up?
« on: August 11, 2009, 04:19:33 am »
Heh, I'm noticing a lot of posts/talk about Pixel art jobs these days. Brings back memories :)

When I was out of a job 3-4 years ago I tried to pick up some freelance pixel art work again (previously worked as a full time pixel artist for 3-4 years about 8 years ago). During the 3-months I found only one (low-paying) gig so I eventually had to go get a day job again.

When I started working again I found more gigs coming in (not all exclusively pixel art though) and it was stable part-time income for many months. I stopped doing it after a while because doing two/three jobs at the same time was stressful for me. For part time income, it was just okay. Full-time wise, I never found enough freelance/off-site/remote work out there unless you take up a full-time position in-house somewhere (of which there were plenty!). 

I eventually started my own business in another field so I don't do art anymore and don't know how the scene is these days.

You'll need more than a couple of months to find something...

Those are my thoughts.

General Discussion / Re: Enterbrain tutorials
« on: July 31, 2009, 04:16:41 am »

7 #pixelation

The non-official pixelation chat has been up for 9-10 years now, I haven't been in years though and checking right now there are some old timers are still in there (they were not active on these boards though but neither am I anymore). I doubt it's that active like it was in it's early years.

General Discussion / Re: Graphics Tablet Question
« on: February 22, 2009, 02:33:19 pm »
Are you using Windows Vista? I had a problem with Vista whenever I touched my pad it would pause slightly, but after turning off a few of Vista's Pen/Tablet features all is well.

It's coming along very nicely, feels very slick and I like the animation in the GUI (fading text). The whole app just barely fit on my netbook screen! (1024 x 600). Keep it up!

Speaking of colour sliders, I would like to request Lab sliders if it's not a pain to add in. I much prefer Lab to RGB, HSV, HSL.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20