Critique > Pixel Art Feature Chest

Feature 09 - Autumn Tileset WIP - Forest tileset

<< < (36/37) > >>

PypeBros:
I'd keep the new style for front bushes (if it was a side-scroller) or places where you want functionally extra detail to attract the look. Imho, having a whole forest with such detailed leaves, esp. in a top-view, while trees are mostly dead places will not lead in improved experience because it would produce too much "noise" around the player and NPCs.

Beetleking22:

--- Quote from: Decroded on February 06, 2013, 05:21:13 am ---
--- Quote from: Beetleking22 on February 03, 2013, 04:59:33 pm ---Hello guys  :) I starded working with this foliage again. Wich one is better the new or the old? New one looks more like a snes styled and realistic and the old one is more simplistic.

--- End quote ---

I really like these new leaves I'd like to see some more foliage done like that please :y:

I think you should design an actual scene now though. So pick an area of some consequence to the story of the game and mock up a screen shot so you can get all the elements and textures to work together rather than just the repeated generic tiles your going for now.
I think you're getting to the point now where you can design a few different tile sets for different areas and have some nice varied looks rather than struggling over and over with what is the best possible way to do one particular tile set.

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much! I have been practising my color theory and foliage pattern lately :crazy:. I wanted make beautiful athomsperic autumn forest ruins with beautiful variant of colors. Its hards for me to build it becuse the rpg graphic stuff is new to me. I need learn more to make it happen.

But I am now well on track and I am pleased with the practising results.

Beetleking22:

--- Quote from: PypeBros on February 09, 2013, 10:58:41 am ---I'd keep the new style for front bushes (if it was a side-scroller) or places where you want functionally extra detail to attract the look. Imho, having a whole forest with such detailed leaves, esp. in a top-view, while trees are mostly dead places will not lead in improved experience because it would produce too much "noise" around the player and NPCs.

--- End quote ---

Should I make more smaller leaves or reduce the details of leaves?  I aim for more detailed styled of graphics like a chrono trigger and Seiken denetsu 3.

This forest from chrono trigger has a small leaves and lot of noises but it still looks awesome.

http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/SuperNES/ChronoTrigger-600AD-GuardiaForest.png

Crow:

--- Quote from: Beetleking22 on February 09, 2013, 11:47:49 am ---Should I make more smaller leaves or reduce the details of leaves?  I aim for more detailed styled of graphics like a chrono trigger and Seiken denetsu 3.

--- End quote ---

You removed the latest version from your last post, didn't you? With some color variations in it. It also had a little less detail on the leaves, and was, in my opinion, a perfect mixture.

Beetleking22:

--- Quote from: Crow on February 09, 2013, 07:24:34 pm ---
--- Quote from: Beetleking22 on February 09, 2013, 11:47:49 am ---Should I make more smaller leaves or reduce the details of leaves?  I aim for more detailed styled of graphics like a chrono trigger and Seiken denetsu 3.

--- End quote ---

You removed the latest version from your last post, didn't you? With some color variations in it. It also had a little less detail on the leaves, and was, in my opinion, a perfect mixture.

--- End quote ---

Yes I did  ::) .. Do you mean this one? I removed little bit of details and added new leaf shape.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version