General > General Discussion

Pixipedia

(1/3) > >>

Peppermint Pig:
Pixipedia is the Wiki we host for storing information about Pixel Art.

http://pixel-arts.org/pixipedia/

This thread is a place to discuss the content, since it looks like we could use one!

A common problem people are having is that they're not seeing updated copies of the page when they view and edit, which is a quirk with caching. You can modify your cache settings to 'always look' for updates of the page, and I think that will resolve our problems, at least for now..

Helm:
Do you guys think bringing in BUFFERING in the AA entry is worthwhile? I think I'm one of three people that use the term so I wouldn't like to force it, but it's significantly different from more advanced forms of AA. AA is a holistic effect, whereas buffering is used on a case-by-case basis, where a more smooth gradient between two colours is needed. The benefit with buffering is selective usage: you don't suffer from the well-mentioned overal AA blur.

lief:
helm: yes. it is a seperate technique.

Peppermint Pig:
So refer to Buffering in the AA topic, but create a new topic for Buffering itself?

(eventually we should get images!)

lief:
yes.  like "See also: Buffering"

We also need a section on the subject of luminescent hue rotation (eg. making shadows blue), as a lot of newbies seem to ask about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version