General > General Discussion

Retro Remakes 2005 Compo: We can make any MMORPG variant you want in a week

<< < (2/8) > >>

NyanNyanKoneko:
I have GREAT news!!!

This time, it doesn't have to be a remake!  It can be any game!  Furthermore, I have no ideas that I have to do, so...

Let me know what games you want to make!

I will program any game you want, original, remake, or a sequel to a game that had no sequel.

If you always wanted to make a game, 2D or 3D (or both), now is your chance to see it made.

The official rules are up: http://www.retroremakes.com/comp2005/index.php

Alright, let's have fun.  =)

EDIT: We'll be entering the international competition, not the UK-only compo.

EDIT 2: Post below if you're still interested and what ideas you have.  If we have time, I may be able to do 2 or 3 games.  I'll randomly pick whoever sounds the most excited.   :P

NyanNyanKoneko:
Here's a few of ideas of my own in case someone likes them:

Console-style RPG about existentialism.
A platform (SOTN style) RPG.
A strategy game (like FF Tactics).
Star Fox Remake
Kid Icarus Remake
Beatmania IIDX or Dance Dance Revolution Remake.
A cute platformer.
Super Mario Land remake.
Fighting Game
A game where you jump really high, breaking stuff along the way, into a psychedelic journey into the unknown.

Evan:
I like that last one.

I also like the old VGA Apogee game "Monster Bash"

I'd love to remake that, but since you're programming it, you can choose whatever you want.

I'm at your will!

WHOO.

NyanNyanKoneko:
Evan IMed me and since we were supposed to work together on the last project (some family issues came up), we decided to work together on the first project.  Hopefully, we'll have time to work on several titles, since we have over a month.   ;D

pixelblink:
I really can't remember much about it, but, Frostbite for the old Atari 2600 was one of my favourite games back in the days

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version