General > General Discussion

Query for the mods

(1/2) > >>

AdamTierney:
Hey guys,

I realize I left the forum (and in a huff) but the development house I work for would like to host a pixel animation contest, and there really isn't any better place than here for something like that. The basic idea is that we post a sprite and entrants each do a run/walk cycle and a dance animation of that sprite. The entrant with the best combination of both receives $250 and a copy of Pro Motion Lite 5.1 (the industry-standard animation & pixelling program).

The reasoning behind the contest is that WayForward Technologies is always on the lookout for new animators, and a contest is the perfect place for people to show off their abilities. Obviously employment is not guaranteed, hence the prize. Considering the fiasco that the last contest I hosted on Pixelation was, however, I'd like to get the current mods' thoughts on this before I post anything. This is not my forum, and I'd be happy to defer to the wishes of the mods on how we can set a contest up, what rules would be fair, and so on. I'd also understand if the mods would rather I never bring another contest around here, and leave it at that. But I think this could be a lot of fun and a great opportunity for some people to get their feet in the industry door.

So, thoughts?

- Adam

Conzeit:
YES, sals is back! =O....in a way :p

man, count me in for this one, Pep, be nice and say yes :p

Mercury Rising:
We are running a tad short with long-term challenges at the moment, so perhaps it could be proposed to the other Daijins and Daihyos and see what they think.   I say yes and I could probably convince my Daihyos to say yes, so there is 3 for yah already.  Yet WayForward Technologies is shelling out that prize not us, correct?

janus:
Sounds like a fun contest. Have you nailed down any ground rules or anything for the contest yet? I imagine the other mods and admins would probably make the rules of the contest a major factor in deciding whether or not to allow it. If memory serves, vaguely defined rules and exceptions were the only thing that caused problems the last time, so I'm sure that if you get those out of the way first it'll go fine.

FaeryShivers:

--- Quote from: AdamTierney on October 11, 2005, 06:32:32 am ---

Considering the fiasco that the last contest I hosted on Pixelation was, however, I'd like to get the current mods' thoughts on this before I post anything. This is not my forum, and I'd be happy to defer to the wishes of the mods on how we can set a contest up,
So, thoughts?

- Adam

--- End quote ---

I don't want to be rude or anything but if you wanted to talk to the mods about it first before making it public, it may have been wise to pm one of them and keep it there until the details are hammered out. ^^; I'm not sure what happened last time but maybe a private discussion about this would be better.

Your contest does sound interesting though :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version