General > General Discussion

Adventure Game Studio

(1/4) > >>

FaeryShivers:
 I was feeling nostalgic today and started looking up some point and click adventure games.
I started playing them at a very young age and I missed spending hours figuring them out.
Well I stumbled upon something called "Adventure Game Studio"
and at first I thought "Ok this is just basically a playerworlds thing for point and click games."
Boy, was I wrong. I downloaded some games made with that engine and they were actually
not bad. Some of them were really funny.

I was suprised that I had never heard of this thing before or any of the games that
had been made with it being the point and click junkie that I am. I'm curious to find out  if anyone
here has made any games with it, or has attempted to use this engine to make games with. I'd also like
to share the knowledge of its existence and some of the wonderful games that have been made with it.

Here's the website:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/

Here are some games I recommend playing that are made using it:

Cirque de zale http://www.bigbluecup.com/games.php?action=detail&id=377

I can't find the link for it but "5 days a stranger" was good although short.
(Edit: Its 5 days a stranger...I made a mistake and put "Days")

I'm not sure on the limitations of this engine (colors, if there's a restricted palette etc)
but when I have time I'll probably check it out. It might be cool to see some people from pixelopolis
making games with this :D I may even attempt to myself if there isn't too much hands on programming involved.

crab2selout.png:
Neat, I have the most incredibly soft spot for adventure games, and I'll definitely be checking this out when I get some time.

Evan:
Hahaha, AGS was so fun to play with.

There was a series that was funny in particular, but I can't seem to find it. It was probably one of the most common ones. Can't find it though, and it's buggin' the hell outta me.

Thanks a lot...

Sawtooth:
Reality on the Norm?

I remember that there were a few people back on the purple forums that were involved with making those games.  Actually, it might have just been Astrospoon.  I don't know.

Evan:
YES!

Jesus Christ, it took a long time to figure that one out. Thank you!

+10 e-props.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version