Critique > Pixel Art

First Pixel(I think) Art. **Update**

<< < (2/2)

Bloodmourn:
Thanks for the awesome comments guys, I've been working on some other stuff, just playing around with some of the things you all have mentioned. I might pull something else up to post on here soon. In any case, thanks for the help with the first pic, and I'm still looking for any help on the second, I don't know if I should take the silence as a compliment or not.  :P

Xion:
Ah, the new one is much improved...From what I can see. Unfortunately it's .JPG'd. You should usually try to save as .png or .gif when dealing with pixel art, as jpgs screw up the colors which defeats the purpose of pixelling.
Anyway.
You've done rather well on the wrinkles on his shirt and upper pants, and his everything between his knees and his neck are pretty ok. However, from what I can see, you still have many jagged pixels. An Improvement from the first, most certainly, but they are still in a few areas.
On his head, his eye is too high, and his nose looks a bit odd.
On his lower legs, it looks like you rushed the wrinkles as compared to those on the body and upper pants. The area also seems a bit flat...

His hand needs some work.

Anyway, it looks like you've improved much just between those two pics. Good job.

BoogieManX:
Those are amazing pics for starting pixeling not too long ago. Nice ideas, i think youll be an awesome pixeler before long  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version