General > General Discussion

Potential Activity

<< < (3/6) > >>

CFKaligula:
@eishiya, the giveaway is purely to get attention. And since we want as many stayers as possible, I think a pixel art commission would create more stayers than a video game or whatever giveaway. Since pixel art is what the site is for.

MysteryMeat:
Perhaps instead we start a fund to start paying new artists to do commwork for the site?
Could get a few mascot ideas together, for example.
Bonus to this is we get to support artistry and that'll give people a moral reason for liking the site as well as a subject-matter reason.

Crow:
Please set your goals first :P Do you want to promote Pixelation, or make it more attractive to the users who are already here? I feel like the latter should come first, in any case. This sometimes isn't as easy, since we all also lead normal lives and time is expensive, as you all know. If you have any activity ideas or want to jump right into starting any, I'd say go ahead. If it's cool and you're okay with it, we can make it official. Do consider that we also (sometimes) have plans of our own ;)

yaomon17:
Don't worry crow, I am the best web dev in the entire North northern hemisphere.

Seems like the goal is promotion. If that is the case, might as well use giveaway money to buy out ad spots on more popular art sites :|

wzl:
But yeah, whoever is in charge of the pixelation twitter account. Maybe its a good step to start promoting interesting threads, with mad edits or insight.

Also in terms of activity, there haven't been any lately. no challenges, no hexes, no quilts. I think these have a bigger impact and pull more artists than material gains.
However i'm not opposed to have challenges that have a prize money or rewards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version