Critique > 2D & 3D

Official Anatomy Thread

<< < (85/92) > >>

Indigo:
Did some quick poses from posemaniacs:

DatMuffinMan:
Also did a couple of posemaniacs sketches. first time trying anatomy anyway, thought I should get better at it. Do you guys have any other resources (other than loomis books) for getting better at anatomy in general? thanks :)

32:
The best recourse in the world is finding a local life drawing class. They can be quite cheap if you find the right ones, 5 or 10 dollars for a few hours untutored  :y:.

DatMuffinMan:
another one

--- Quote from: 32 on July 11, 2014, 01:03:33 am ---The best recourse in the world is finding a local life drawing class. They can be quite cheap if you find the right ones, 5 or 10 dollars for a few hours untutored  :y:.

--- End quote ---

I used to take drawing lessons, but didn't find them very helpful, since I could learn about as much by practicing online and getting feedback from others.

32:
Not necessarily lessons, just going in and drawing a real person for a few hours. I do classes at university but there's also a couple of student run sessions where everyone just chips in to pay the model, and is open to the public, I'm sure you could find something similar.

The gap between drawing a real 3d object and something that's already been translated into 2d is immense. Plus if you find the right place everyone there is learning as well so you can still get the feedback in a more immediate way. And you'll also see a variety of different body types and real people posing in a way that is actually natural. Posemanics and photo reference are great but they've got nothing on reality when you're talking really learning the human form.

Your drawings here tell me you don't really need to READ about anatomy, you just need to practice, and in my opinion that's the best way to do it. I found this quite useful when I first started but I never got past the skeleton stage. I think it's quite affordable compared to other resources as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version