Critique > Pixel Art

[WIP][CC] Ancient Temple/Tomb 2D sidescroller tiles

<< < (2/2)

Ryumaru:
Not much critique from me, it seems to be progressing nicely! If you're still around, you might get more eyes on this thread now that I've approved it from our overclocked spam filter  :)

Mathias:
Setting out on a big new pixelin' adventure are we. GLHF

I love the weird Cave Story-esque copper lookin' rocks tiles! Very strange and unexpected. Refreshingly not the norm.
The grass is mega cliché though. I get a creepy macabre vibe from the polygonal rocks and skull faces. If the grass (does it even need to be there?) had a similar dead whithered thing going on it could work. What if it was less grass and more kind of a mossy generic bio-growth type thing. Perhaps not even green. Something more alien in appearance.

The angled brick tiles are fine, they just need some shading now. Choose a global light direction and shade one side darker and the other side lighter.

Now onto large unique bg decorative assets huh? Haha you're biting off a lot here.
If I were you I might first comprise a more complete level mockup. When you do so you'll suddenly realize what new tiles you need in order to flesh it out. Big bg assets will bog you down, but tiles will go quickly and keep things fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version