Critique > Pixel Art

The Boar

(1/2) > >>

ehwhy:
Hi, I've never posted on Pixelation before (been lurking for about two years, however) , but it's good to see it's on its way to resurrection.  And... here's this thing, tell me what you think about it:

lief:
my god this has style
some obvious flaws but the potential is amazing
not sure everyone will agree with me, i'll hang out to see what other people say
what is in the foreground on left?

Mercury Rising:
Very nice!  Yet, few problems, I realize it is supposed to be dark and hiding the people/things spying but its too dark and then it just goes straight to plain white.  You could tone down the white a bit.  Also the boar looks, odd.  What is it that he is doing?

ehwhy:
lief: It's a mechanical bird/statue/wounded battleship taking its dying breath.  Really it's not anything in particular, just some abstract stuff.

BrotherInWar: I lightened the forest ground instead, since I'd rather not change the white.  Yes, the boar is a mess of anatomy issues and lightsource inconsistencies.  He is supposed to be striking a heroic pose in the glorious light of salvation or something similar. 

Update on the background:

Mercury Rising:
Then maybe change the light to be a beam of light, the plain white backround is just too eye melting.  Also, I see and upside down U of white to the west of the boar.  What is that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version