Work > Portfolios

Official-NeoSoft's Portfolio

<< < (2/2)

Souly:
Pillowshading - When one shades outwards towards the line, rather then shading accordingly to proper shapes and light source.

TrevoriuS:
Your heritage is no excuse for not understanding certain terms. Do not be ashamed for not understanding them, and blame them on something else then an entire country if you will :P

But to define Souly's definition differently: Take a pillow, put a lightbulb straight above it, then look from the positoin of the light. The edges of the pillow are dark, and it get's lighter towards the center. The outline defines the shape instead of the shading, because the light stands directly perpendicular upon the surface. So if your light would be elsewhere, or if you would have multiple surfaces facing different directions, they are shaded differently. You should try and draw something based upon volume, rather than shape.

This to illustrate my point, though it may be a bit overdone:

official-neosoft:

--- Quote from: TrevoriuS on October 30, 2008, 05:51:08 pm ---Your heritage is no excuse for not understanding certain terms. Do not be ashamed for not understanding them, and blame them on something else then an entire country if you will :P

But to define Souly's definition differently: Take a pillow, put a lightbulb straight above it, then look from the positoin of the light. The edges of the pillow are dark, and it get's lighter towards the center. The outline defines the shape instead of the shading, because the light stands directly perpendicular upon the surface. So if your light would be elsewhere, or if you would have multiple surfaces facing different directions, they are shaded differently. You should try and draw something based upon volume, rather than shape.

This to illustrate my point, though it may be a bit overdone:

--- End quote ---

Thank you  ;) I'm not blaming the Netherlands, I just said it to make clear English is not my basic language, so I don't understand ALL words and terms  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version