General > Commercial Critique

Commercial Critique Challenge - Pokemon Red/Blue

<< < (34/34)

Probo:
wow jinn, theyre fantastic. great rendering and colours, and all very recognisable. 

Vagrant:

--- Quote from: JinnDEvil on May 22, 2016, 09:56:02 pm ---Thanks, Vagrant!

And I think you totally should! I learnt a lot from it!

Trying to work around other's "mistakes" is a nice way to improve.
I focused a lot on good shading to make a lineart to look nice even with it's flaws. Some of these were very easy, while others were a pain! It's strange how the same game have some really well drawn sprites (like scyther, magikarp),  while others are really questionable looking (like weepinbell, marowak or jigglypuff). Multiple artists, maybe?

Anyways, I wonder what are the gba limitations, maybe I could reduct these ones without too much loss and put them into a rom hack just to see how they'd look in action.

--- End quote ---

It can be very easy to achieve; the only problem being that your style would clash with the pre-existing Fire Red assets such as maps, trainers, HUD, ect. Not to mention needing Pokemon back sprite versions. 

I, myself, would just lightly edit the originals and remake some of them, to taste. While focusing the real pixel work into the maps, menus and such. Especially maps:

I'd like to try that style on the GBA, in my project. It's very similar to my past Fire Emblem material as well, except cooler in temperature.

FR/LG Commercial Critique anyone? At last I know I want to push the limits in many aspects of those games, especially in pixel.  :-*

JinnDEvil:
@Probo Thank you very much!!  ;D

@Vagrant I like it quite a lot! I wonder how the houses would look in this style, especially the pokecenter!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version