Critique > Pixel Art

Project Paradox sprites

<< < (2/2)

Machu:
Alright, I've been re-attempting the shading.

The one on the right has the limbs touched up.  Is this more of what you guys were talking about?

Sawtooth:
Okay, I did an edit to show you what I was talking about:

I changed the colors, mostly because shading only with white and black really bothers me.

What I mainly tried to do was increase the depth of the piece.  None of the limbs in the back reach the lightest shade on the color ramp any more.  I re-aligned the legs so the torso didn't seem so long.  Some wrinkles were added to the shorts, and they now hang below his legs a little bit.  But most of all, I gave the arms a definite elbow so it's known exactly where they're bent.

I also pushed the darkest shades out of the highlighted areas (like the feet and the hair) so that they popped out a little more.

Machu:
Alright, it's clear that I need to do a major redo of these sometime.  I getting ahead of myself trying to do them all in one step.  At least I have the characters designed, so now I'm going to do more in-depth planning for my game.  I need to practice my sprite skills more in the meantime.  Feel free to give more reference images and/or talk about the character designs.  Thanks for the help.

Last minute bonus: I'll post my avatar so it can be zoomed in:

Brittany is going to be a villain later, but is mostly a mystery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version