Critique > Pixel Art

Critique my animation

(1/2) > >>

pengu2:
So i made this running animation and since I'm not an artist I was wondering if someone here could point out some things I could improve with my animation?

eishiya:
Your image embed doesn't work. Dropbox isn't nice about hotlinking, I recommend using a dedicated image host such as imgur instead.

pengu2:

--- Quote from: eishiya on November 25, 2018, 06:05:51 pm ---Your image embed doesn't work. Dropbox isn't nice about hotlinking, I recommend using a dedicated image host such as imgur instead.

--- End quote ---
Oh, okey i think it's fixed now

eishiya:
The character is moving very slowly, which doesn't match the large movement of their hat. I think the animation should either play faster, or have fewer frames.

I am having trouble following the character's legs. How many steps are there per animation loop? It seems like the front leg cycles twice for every cycle of the back leg.

pengu2:

--- Quote from: eishiya on November 25, 2018, 08:16:50 pm ---The character is moving very slowly, which doesn't match the large movement of their hat. I think the animation should either play faster, or have fewer frames.

I am having trouble following the character's legs. How many steps are there per animation loop? It seems like the front leg cycles twice for every cycle of the back leg.

--- End quote ---

I sped up the animation by 25% and colored one leg in a darker color so its easier to track. I also made the hat more fluid
But the legs feel very static and i don't know what to do about it really without scaling up the animation

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version