General > General Discussion

Isometrics (Pixipedia)

<< < (4/4)

Peppermint Pig:
Just a brief update:   http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/pixipedia/index.php?title=Isometric

Images in.. need someone to add the mathematics. (go ahead and externally link the images, I'll move them into direct hosting later)

Going to start working on sprites and some other iso basics next.

FaeryShivers:

--- Quote from: Sawtooth on October 10, 2005, 09:09:40 pm ---I've never been one for isometric art (it requires patience and technicality that I simply don't have), so I'll keep this really short.

Is there any other reason why someone would use a method other than B?

--- End quote ---

I've just started getting back into isometrics and honestly so far I'm liking C the best. As pep says it seems
to work better for designing game tiles. I've tried using all 3 methods and so far C's worked out the best for me
all around. In regards to patience, yes in some cases it requires more, but depth seems to flow out more easily in isometric
with less shading etc required.

On another note my start in pixel art (how lame ..that rhymed) really began in isometric. However, I started shying away from it for the longest time due to my lack of skill in "organic" looking isometric pieces (people, trees etc) sometimes you get too wrapped up
with the methods in isometric that you forget to experiment and everything just ends up looking like crude geometric
shapes slapped together. I've picked up ISO once again and I'm starting to like it more than I ever thought I would o_o
Looking over the examples I found with peppy (See "spriting isometric) has really got me interested, and it couldn't be at a better time as I think I'm going to try to move into the browser game genre as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version