Critique > Pixel Art

demoscene inspired wip

(1/3) > >>

setz:
sortof.

the biggest problem I'm having is what to add to it, and what not to add to it. I've never worked with this many colors before, either. It's much harder trying to find a use for so many colors than it is only using 16.

Ryumaru:
the middle element is much stronger than the one on the side, draw out a little scetch on paper before you continue.
like it so far tho!

Tremulant:
Yeah, totally agree with Ryu. Looking great so far, but plan plan plan. Nothing worse than getting countless hours into a piece this size only to realize you've no idea where to take it.
Other thing is that you shouldn't have a hard time placing the colours. Use a ton, sure, but don't add 'em just for the hell of it. A larger palette should still be made up of necessary colours.

Keep it up. Don't think I've mentioned it yet, but your rate of improvement has been astounding. Looking forward to the finished piece.

setz:

--- Quote from: Tremulant on June 09, 2006, 02:41:05 am ---Use a ton, sure, but don't add 'em just for the hell of it. A larger palette should still be made up of necessary colours.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's my biggest problem; finding a use for that many colors. I suppose I could get around to sketching something up, right now I'm pretty much refining what I do have [I plan on killing off that face off to the side soon; even if it wont be displayed doesn't mean I didn't learn something from it.]

Godslayer:
Ditch the profile face- it seems really random, and the anatomy of the face is scewed. His nose is squashed in, his eyes dont seem to follow the profile view, and he has no chin. The center helmet looks wicked, but whats happening in his eyes?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version