Critique > Pixel Art

Doom Mod death animation

<< < (2/5) > >>

xanthier:

here is a longer version, but needs frames removed I think.
also what is doom's default framerate, anyone know?

Andy Tran:
 I make custom doom sprites all the time. Looking at your animation that you made, it's really terrific. I can never do animation that better than what I saw from yours.

xanthier:
yeah maybe I'm being too picky, I just need to cut down on the empty space, make the debris fall more smoothly and keep the blood flowing as it stops in like frame 3, also their needs to be a few more transition frames at the very beginning, like someone pointed out. Anything else?

Darion:
When he died, wouldn't he be placed lower than he actually is?

Conzeit:
Fatal, dude um....sorry to sorta pick on you, but saying things like "add more frames" is about as useless a comment as "make it bigger" or "add more shades", it is true that by doing all these things you would add a bit of complexity to whatever you do, but in the end the comment itself could be done by anyone, and all this extra room of expression might be wasted if it's done just for the hell of it. Dont say something like this unless you are absolutley sure it's the only way to solve a specific problem.

I tell you this because it's a good way to think in general, before you go adding more stuff to your pieces, always (ideally, this is not a good idea if you have a deadline :p) turn back on them and see if what already IS there is necesary, and is doing it's job, otherwise you'll just have a collection of mediocre things that dont quite fit together, and  even though they may have some nice stuff, the overall pic will end up being awkward. Hope I dont sound harsh, dont mean to, just trying to help you since you're so interested *thumbs up*

Xanthier. the most important thing to consider, if you want a good anim and narrow framerate, is planning.

to make something smooth with few frames, is always the biggest challenge, because everything will have to serve a very precise purpose, nothing can leave an incomplete message, it has to be very concise and self-contained. Look at Hayabusa's run from NES ninja gaiden, the freaking thing has 3 frames. 3 frames, that is a most horrible amount of frames for an animation that is symetrical such as a run anim, but it's cleverly done because they focused on making the foreground leg fluid, and they did it very wel.

you'll have to be similarily clever if you want this to work.

first of all, how exactly do you want him to die? given the amount of frames you have, I think something like dis-integrating would be best, because if you have anything move from point A to point B it'll probably take a few frames, whereas something just morphing might be best for a short amount of frames.

I think it's best u tell us exactly how much frames you have first,though. no need to get ahead of ourselves

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version