AuthorTopic: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory  (Read 15529 times)

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Re: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Reply #20 on: August 26, 2005, 03:06:40 pm
Hah, I thought there was one lone midget and they used the computer to copy and paste him everywhere. Or is it a really good 3D model or something?

I read an article in computer graphics world about how they made the special effects in Charlie in the Chocolate Factory.

So, the oompa-loompas are both real and fake.  Sometimes copied and pasted, other times completely cg.  But the base is all from a single midget.

Apparently the squirrels were fake in half the shots, but the shots where they actually sorted nuts were fake.

thats kinda depressing...they should have just not made the movie, despite the fact that i love all burtons work. I still havent seen it but i wish they just left the original alone. Good to see you though man.
alexander

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #21 on: August 26, 2005, 03:19:26 pm
I stuck my Willy Wonka In your moms choco factory.  Heh, just a play on words...
They should have made a sequel.  Like 50 years later where its Charlies Factory.  You get to see what hes done with it and now he has to give it away to another kid.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: August 26, 2005, 03:58:56 pm
I stuck my Willy Wonka In your moms choco factory.  Heh, just a play on words...
They should have made a sequel.  Like 50 years later where its Charlies Factory.  You get to see what hes done with it and now he has to give it away to another kid.

not they shouldnt have.
alexander