AuthorTopic: WayForward Contest #3: Background artist (tiling)  (Read 105046 times)

Offline Miguel

• View Profile

Re: WayForward Contest #3: Background artist (tiling)

Reply #130 on: March 25, 2006, 06:44:15 am
No offense man, sorry if I sounded rude, i was stating my humble opinion, i think i didnt know how to phrase it well, it wasnt meant to be an attack... i just think there was others much better than yours, which probably took the same time as yours and they had the same challengue as yours.

I am not trying to start a fight, and i wish i could be more constructive, but for me its kind of unfair, thats all... about rushing it, it it wasnt, i think it could used more work IMHO, (from other stuff that ive seen from you that shouldnt be a challengue)

the perspective you used on the road/streets keeps looking wrong, i dont imagine streets like that, thats what i mean.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 06:50:51 am by Miguel »

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #131 on: March 25, 2006, 08:15:08 am
Im pretty dissappointed with how i ranked, one that got more votes than me barely even fits the criteria. I thought I wouldve faired better for showing the tops of buildings (ala double dragon style) rather than playing it safe and making tiles for only the walls, oh well, fair enough. congrats to the winners ;)
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline vierbit

• 0.09 posts per day
    • View Profile

Reply #132 on: March 25, 2006, 12:34:06 pm
Holy shit  :o
I made the 3rd place.
Was a nice contest.
Not surprised about the first place,
I think TakaMs entry should be having more votes.

congrats to the winners

Offline Niss

• View Profile
    • darkno.de

Reply #133 on: March 25, 2006, 02:56:28 pm
Congratulations you three (bastards :) )! It really was a fun contest.
Adam will you offer some crits for this like you did with the sprites?
(oh and baccaman I stumbled over my resonse to your fine crit and it may sound a bit bitchy. If that's so I didn't mean it that way. It's just that I was aware of the technical part - I read about it before I started my entry  - but you said that the amount of colors showed and that's what really interests me. So if you've got time and would like to elaborate on that point I'd be very pleased to listen. Here,PM or a new thread - whatever. Maybe we should have some heavy crit now after the contest like we usually have in non-contest things?)

Offline Locrian

• View Profile
    • BURHTUN: online portfolio

Reply #134 on: March 25, 2006, 10:16:37 pm
Yeah I wouldn't mind a crit.  From Adam or anyone else.  I've never really done anything like this before.  I've always avoided tiling cause it seemed so tedious.  And it kind of is, but surprisingly fun.  I guess the fun IS that its a challenge.  Definitely makes you think about what you're doing. 

Congrats to the winners, and all who submitted.

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #135 on: March 25, 2006, 10:36:08 pm
Congratulations to all of you, you submited some amazing stuff, and especially to those who won!

I just don't get why Helm's didn't get any vote...

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #136 on: March 26, 2006, 11:22:34 am
I think it's better that they don't show the number of votes for each entries. Seriously it does put down some people a bit, I know that we are aware of this when we participate but, this is probably a good way to minimize some arguments if it does occur. That's my opinion of course.

Anyway, guys everyone did a great job and I'm not saying this just to make everyone feel better, but this scenes are awesome in my eyes.   ;D

Offline Locrian

• View Profile
    • BURHTUN: online portfolio

Reply #137 on: March 26, 2006, 12:52:25 pm
I like having a break-down of the points.  It lets you know how far off you were.  Compared to the top two, my votes are very low.  Wasn't a close call by any means.  For my entry anyway.  Leads me to believe the winners probably tackled key issues much more competently than me.  So now I go look at em and try to learn some things.  I feel like... if ya can't handle being judged, don't compete.

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #138 on: March 27, 2006, 06:02:59 am
haha i knew i did shit. Next time perhaps i can get a vote ;D
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #139 on: March 27, 2006, 06:35:24 am
whoa, I bet I would've made something most like helm's (but probably with uglier colors XD) I still was way too afraid to enter.

I wish I could know what were the general reasons to pick the exact guys that won.

(hope that came out a weee little better than last time XD I swear I meant the exact same thing with the same tone and everything c.c)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 06:42:19 am by Camus »