AuthorTopic: Hexquisite Corpse Collab - DONE!  (Read 193902 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Hexquisite Corpse Collab

Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 02:37:07 am
Originally it was a game with words invented by the french Surrealists afaik. Where someone would write the first word of a sentence, the next the 2nd and so on after a certain structure.
The beginning of the first sentence translates to "The exquisite corpse..." Hence the name.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 09:14:26 am
Now you got me a bit confused with the rules here
You can't claim adjacent tiles
But after all 6 start tiles are done you can
Does this mean I can pick any tile not adjacent to another or do I have to wait for the start tiles to finish to pick another tile than the green ones?

Edit: Thanks for clarifying  :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 02:51:30 pm by TrevoriuS »

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 01:46:18 pm
Once I have all 6 start tiles I will upload a new image with them in place but masked so that only the borders are visible.
Then anyone who wants to can claim an adjacent tile, first come first served.
But as long as a tile is claimed but not finished (and the image updated by me) you can not claim a tile that is adjacent to it as that would create a break.
Freefloating tiles which are not adjacent to anything done can not be claimed.

This is why I want people to really look at the post of the other people and then think a bit before they might claim stuff that is either already claimed or unclaimable due to the rules.

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 05:55:21 pm
Hi ptoing,

unless I'm overlooking something, here's a little suggestion to save you lots of headaches.

Since you committed to update the reference picture whenever required, while at it, you could just paint the newly claimable tiles in green so that the claiming rules could be restricted to these:
 1. Only green tiles can be claimed.
 2. Requests are satisfied on a first-come-first-served basis.
 3. You can not claim a tile which is adjacent to one you made earlier.
 4. After claiming a tile it has to be done within 72 hours of the claim post. Failure to do so leads to freeing of said tile. Complaining won't get it back. Tough cookie.

The only disadvantages are that:
 * we aren't told expressly the policy applied to select the claimable tiles;
 * theorethically, we can't make predictions about claimable tiles based on the "DONE" messages by others.

Sorry for adding meta-discussion to the thread, but I thought that this could make everybody's (and especially yours) life easier.

saimo
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:53:36 pm by saimo »

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 02:51:47 am
The problem is still that also tiles can not be claimed if a tile next to it is claimed but not posted yet.
So if i make all 3 possibly claimable tiles next to the starting ones green once I post them, that does not mean all 3 tiles are claimable.
In all cases the people claiming tiles will have to read what others wrote before them to check which tiles are currently claimed.

This also means there is a way for a bit of chaos to creep into this unless people use their brains a tiny bit and just make the effort to read what people claimed and then think which tiles are claimable. Actually I have an idea, but I don't know whether I can get it done.

Anyway, I just hope people will think a bit and have fun, that's all I want.

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 01:03:05 pm
The problem is still that also tiles can not be claimed if a tile next to it is claimed but not posted yet.
So if i make all 3 possibly claimable tiles next to the starting ones green once I post them, that does not mean all 3 tiles are claimable.
In all cases the people claiming tiles will have to read what others wrote before them to check which tiles are currently claimed.
Managing the tiles internally allows you to choose freely, which means you are not forced to make all tiles adjacent to the complete ones claimable. F.ex., when tile #1 is done you can make available just the tile #31.
In short, give us a black box which exposes to us only the fact that we can claim green tiles. What happens inside the box is entirely up to you ;) I believe this would really avoid lots of mess.

saimo

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009, 03:43:10 pm
Err and how about tile assigning? Because as far as I can tell all green tiles are now claimed, and since the borders haven't been filled in yet, I don't know which to claim? Is 'just give me one' too lazy?

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009, 03:46:14 pm
Reread the rules.  Don't claim things until the borders of the green tiles are posted, which won't happen until they're all finished.  You can only choose adjacent tiles of the finished ones.   "First come first serve."

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #28 on: May 31, 2009, 03:54:40 pm
Ha, Saimo, that actually sounds like a really good idea :D Should save me a lot of trouble indeed :B

Offline robotriot

• Tubby mechanical friend
    • View Profile
    • robotriot
#2 please. ... done.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:48:31 pm by robotriot »
WELCOME TO BATTLE SQUADRON