AuthorTopic: The demo-skinning challenge with 100 dollar prize (no kidding)  (Read 62376 times)

Offline Holymonkey

• View Profile
    • Holymonkeystudio

Re: The demo-skinning challenge with 100 dollar prize (no kidding)

Reply #30 on: April 12, 2009, 07:59:01 am
Hi everyone.  Just checking in again to see if there's any activity.  I hope people are still working on finishing these up.  I'm a little worried, because this one's a breaze compared to the skinn-able side scrolling platformer I'm about to finish making.  It's fully functional (playible), has tons of moves, several enemies, 3 levels with layered scrolling, a sophisticated hud, titles screens, and a Boss.  I hope I didnt make it for nothing. :(

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Reply #31 on: April 12, 2009, 03:43:09 pm
Hi everyone.  Just checking in again to see if there's any activity.  I hope people are still working on finishing these up.  I'm a little worried, because this one's a breaze compared to the skinn-able side scrolling platformer I'm about to finish making.  It's fully functional (playible), has tons of moves, several enemies, 3 levels with layered scrolling, a sophisticated hud, titles screens, and a Boss.  I hope I didnt make it for nothing. :(
Oh that's awesome! And more my kind of art.

Offline Holymonkey

• View Profile
    • Holymonkeystudio

Reply #32 on: April 18, 2009, 07:46:03 pm
for those who wish to visit http://holymonkeystudio.com/?page_id=12 you will see that i've finished a playable 3 level side scrolling platformer that can be skinned as well.  I'd love to see this become a community activity or challenge.  Be warned, skinning this would be a huge indertaking. ;)

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Reply #33 on: April 19, 2009, 08:10:24 am
for those who wish to visit http://holymonkeystudio.com/?page_id=12 you will see that i've finished a playable 3 level side scrolling platformer that can be skinned as well.  I'd love to see this become a community activity or challenge.  Be warned, skinning this would be a huge indertaking. ;)

Ooh I'd love to do that one. I probably can't until June though, but when I have time, I will!
Perhaps we should team up? Anyone? I'm far better at making tiles than sprites.

Offline eckered

• View Profile
1: im almost finished with the first demo.  is the hundred dollar prize still available?
2: id also be interested in collaborating with someone on the platformer, anyone interested?

Offline eckered

• View Profile
almost done with the first one.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JB76L4CZ

4-5 hours work so far, all i have left to do is
1- replace the glowing thing with palm leaves blowing in the wind
2- replace the damage indication on the bananas
3- see if i can restore the layer i had underneath the palms in the front, that had bushes scrolling by, but got ruined when i tried to add transparency to it.

Offline Holymonkey

• View Profile
    • Holymonkeystudio
Wow.  I'm glad I decided to check back in on a whim... I'd pretty much given up on the chance of anyone partaking in this project/challenge.  Technically the originaly and second extended deadlines are long past... but does this sound fair?
Once at least one other person makes the skin, the community can pick a winner and I'll honor the original prize promise and grant the 100 dollars to the winner.

Offline eckered

• View Profile
alright, thanks :D

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile
I don't know about anyone else, but I have still have some done from when I was last working on this. Now that school is out for the summer, I have more free time. So here's one more contender. ;)

Offline Holymonkey

• View Profile
    • Holymonkeystudio
Cool.  I'm looking forward to seeing it.