AuthorTopic: Possible activity discussion.  (Read 154246 times)

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Re: Possible activity discussion.

Reply #100 on: May 15, 2009, 04:43:30 am
Soo, I was wondering, will there be a new mockup frenzy D:!?

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #101 on: May 15, 2009, 06:46:11 pm
I saw an activity suggestion thread..

I just wanted to let some people know,
I will be putting together another Pixelator this coming year.
I suspect sometime around april/may.

I was told to give it a break between the next one. I feel this has been a suitable break.

Just wanted to say - a new one will be out soon.
This also allows me more time to work on some ideas and such for it..

Bring it on  ;D

Offline Chilly

• n.n /
    • View Profile

Reply #102 on: May 28, 2009, 11:56:59 pm
Will there be anymore commercial critiques soon? I love those.  :'(

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #103 on: May 29, 2009, 08:27:40 am
Feel free to participate in the current one (see banners up there) or any already existing one here: http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?board=16.0
But I suppose we'll put more in the future.

Anyway we should put an activity soon, but right now I'm pretty busy... so perhaps in a week or two, unless another mod decides to do so before.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #104 on: June 13, 2009, 01:03:21 pm
Yeh Chia....go n post at the CC...it's lonely there  :(

I thought the Hex Corpse was fucking genious...like even if u go out and look up exquisite corpses it seems no one thought of a way of making an image exquisite corpse as awesome as this.

I really like the format and had a wacky idea.

Remember the fuss I made about the allegged 10 point perspective a while ago in some random 2d perspective thread? yeah....somehow I matched that up with the hex collab in my head.

What if we grabbed the 5 (six???) point perspective grid

http://www.treeshark.com/images/Persp/Grid.jpg and censored...in a manner similar to what Ptoing did in the Hex Corpse

Then everyone fills up a portion, and when we're done.....we can even mount it on a java app so the reveal is actually getting INSIDE the result of the collab...maaan thad' be trippin  :huh: :crazy:
http://www.inaball.com/pleinpot/asadelta_swf.html

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #105 on: June 13, 2009, 02:09:44 pm
I cant imagine the whole java thing working so well for pixels, but I could see a cool scene with a set perspective, although you would have to rely largely on the communities understanding of that perspective.

Offline robotriot

• Tubby mechanical friend
    • View Profile
    • robotriot

Reply #106 on: June 20, 2009, 06:19:39 pm
What about a 3D pixelart challenge? I created a stereo image of one of my old pictures as a test, see below. Props to those who create actual rotated 3D objects instead of just depth layers :)

[in case you don't know: you have to cross your eyes until both images match, take the street light as a reference point for example. It might be easier if you're further away from the screen]

« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 06:21:32 pm by robotriot »
WELCOME TO BATTLE SQUADRON

Offline lollige

• MrLollige
    • View Profile
    • MrLollige blog

Reply #107 on: June 20, 2009, 06:33:36 pm
Man, with just 2 images that is incredibly hard to see. Also because I did not train in ages. And the effect is not so strong..

Explaining everyone how it works is already a lot of work, it would not be such an accessible challenge. but I like the idea of making 'm in general.

Offline Perciv@l

• View Profile
    • www.prr-art.com

Reply #108 on: June 21, 2009, 05:17:40 am
how about creating something similar to this but with pixels?
http://zoomquilt2.madmindworx.com/zoomquilt2.swf

maybe with an increase of 2X zoom in every following pixelart.

supposing that it is workable, in theory it can have any lenght, with any number of entries. (course it demands a minimum)
It just needs that someone make the last image bridging with the first to loop endlessly.

Edit: didn't know the same idea was posted in the Hexquisite Corpse Suggestion Thread, meh
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 06:24:35 am by Perciv@l »

Offline saehn

• View Profile

Reply #109 on: July 31, 2009, 02:14:53 pm
Pixel compo ending soon if anyone is interested:

A friend of mine (e5frog, a.k.a. Fredric Blåholtz) is a big fan of the Fairchild Channel F. You may have read about him and his homebrew Pac-Man game. He is working on some more homebrews like International Karate.

Now, Fredric on a different forum has issued a small gfx compo. He is looking to put together a slide show of some nice images, and possibly the artist making the best image would get a custom Channel F cartridge with the slide show. I don't know if this is anything that interests you, perhaps from a purely challenge point of view.

Some specs about the Channel F graphics: The image size is 102 x 58 pixels. Possibly one can squeeze in a bit more on screen, but this is the image format Fredric is working with. Each pixel is a bit taller than it is wide. He says in 16:9 mode the pixels are quite square. It's pretty close to the Commodore 64 pixel ratio.

On each (raster) row, you can select one of four palettes:

1. Light grey, red, green, blue
2. Light green, red, green, blue
3. Light blue, red, green, blue
4. Black, white

That means you can't use black and white on the same row as any colour. The three light colours are pretty close to each other:

http://w5.nuinternet.com/s660100106/files/channelf/test-picture.png

Fredric wants submissions until August 12. If you would like to participate, please let me know and I can either forward your creations or point you to where you can submit them yourself. Of course you could also email Fredric with your pics at frog@home.se.