AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004258 times)

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #850 on: June 04, 2009, 10:14:15 pm
That sounds alot like campers in Halo 3. All I want to do is take a rocket launcher or several stickys to them. I die before anything happens though. When people are of that mindset it doesn't matter what crutch they think they have to use to help them "win" the game. There is no convincing or surprising them. They just think they're good because they "win" all the time. The real winners are those that are successful and conquer the game as it was intended. Everyone else just sucks and found a shortcut. I suck, but at least I try to win the good way. All I try to do is at least score once. Then I can get blown apart and die for the rest of the game. The reason is when I kill you, and I suck, it doesn't matter how many kills you had before hand. It mean's yoru straight back to zero and have to kill me again. Otherwise your gonna let a sucky player beat you. And ya, some of them do play like that. That's why I like playing with "real" players.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #851 on: June 04, 2009, 10:40:27 pm
Yes pretty much all I can say is play L4D with friends only, Rox. It's not that difficult to find 3 buddies online to play if you've been networking even a little over in publics for a while. One tends to create a userlist of sane, friendly people pretty fast.

I am not saying LOL GET FRIENDS LOL to insult you. Just letting you know that whatever game L4D2 turns out to be, it will not be griefer-proof and you'll still be getting killed by people not respecting your time in the game. Co-op games need friends, not randomers.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #852 on: June 04, 2009, 10:52:29 pm
Co-op games need friends, not randomers.

Quoted for emphasis!
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #853 on: June 05, 2009, 04:03:30 am

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #854 on: June 05, 2009, 04:27:17 am
Normally I'm of the "pay for what's in the box" mentality, but Valve promised to offer bug and content updates for L4D, referencing the support they've given to TF2. I hope they don't consider the one tiny level they recently released to be a fulfillment of that promise, especially considering the extensive updates they've given to TF2. As long as they continue to fix bugs and maybe add a campaign for L4D, I don't care what they do with the sequel. Make it a "horror" game in broad daylight with frying pans and fiddle music for all I care... oh wait.
Sadly, I don't see much reason for them to expand on the original after the sequel is released(or even prior), as it would be counter-productive.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #855 on: June 05, 2009, 07:44:00 pm
Co-op games need friends, not randomers.

Quoted for emphasis!

Co-op fps with friends is the crown jewel of computer gaming. Screw everything  else. Even Tetris.

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory was awesome because you HAD to co-op with randomers if you wished to get any points and upgrade yourself. Lonely wolves found themselves being not only lonely but very low level after a couple of maps.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #856 on: June 05, 2009, 07:54:03 pm
HI JJNAAS I FIXED YOUR AVATAR

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #857 on: June 05, 2009, 08:33:43 pm
HI JJNAAS I FIXED YOUR AVATAR

That's awesome. The least I can do is return the favor:

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #858 on: June 05, 2009, 09:00:09 pm
teehee  :crazy:

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #859 on: June 06, 2009, 02:12:44 am
This Pocket Retro Emulator looks awesome, one of my friends is getting one and if the buttons have a nice feel I'll be getting one too.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise