AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004126 times)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #860 on: June 06, 2009, 02:42:54 am
Square design is so meh... it's the main reason I can't play my DS for more than half an hour -- cramps the hell out of my hand. Also, just be wary. You might want try to find an in-depth review that checks out compatibility and such.

Also, pity it doesn't support GB. I'm curious how they handle the many different resolutions, though. Should post your personal experience with it when you try it out, though.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #861 on: June 06, 2009, 02:52:08 am
I have no problem with the shape, I've been wanting a GBmicro but this will be much better (hopefully)
And will do.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #862 on: June 06, 2009, 03:02:43 am
Hold off on buying that thing. It's actually just a black Dingoo A320, which is a chinese handheld with emulators preloaded. There are huge problems with it right now, but the user community is kinda growing, so it might turn out okay. Not the moment to buy it yet though.

SNES emulation is pretty awful for starters and "pressing Y and B at the same time doesn't work, we call this a feature"

So yeah, some great guy is porting Linux and it promises to be excellent to fix the awful standard emulators and such, but it's still miles away. Right now he's got the kernel loading and if you're a decent linux guy, you can get some games ported on it already, but it's going to take a while to get it working on all the different hardware versions.

I'm rambling. Point is, it's not good... yet.

I'm going to buy one though, once it matures a bit and still exists.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #863 on: June 06, 2009, 03:31:20 am
Aw that's a bummer, I checked out some reviews for the A320, and the buttons sound good though.
It looks like it has the power for the emulators to run at full speed, they were just rush jobs, once the community comes out with a nice snes emu I'll be buying I think
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 03:38:01 am by .TakaM »
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #864 on: June 06, 2009, 03:21:47 pm
This message is to honor those men who gave their lives on June 6, 1944.
Ça message c'est à honor là hommes qui donné à eux vit one Juin 6, 1944.
Dit bericht moet die mensen eren die hun leven op 6 Juni, 1944 gaven.
Ten przekaz jest wobec honor ów mężczyźni który dał ich żyje u Czerwiec 6, 1944.
Tato poselstvi až k ctít those clovek kdo kladívko jejich dobytek dále Červen 6, 1944.
Nyt kuluva asia on jotta kunnioittaa ne ihmiset joka kimmoisuus heidän model after Kesäkuu 6, 1944.
μήνυμα σε τιμή εκείνοι άντρεs ποιόs έδωσα δικό τουs ζωέs επάνω Ιούνιοs 6, 1944.

I apologize, I only speak English, Spanish and Italian, and so can only hope that the translations are correct.  Moderators please make spelling changes if necessary.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 03:26:45 pm by ndchristie »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #865 on: June 06, 2009, 03:49:06 pm
Aw that's a bummer, I checked out some reviews for the A320, and the buttons sound good though.
It looks like it has the power for the emulators to run at full speed, they were just rush jobs, once the community comes out with a nice snes emu I'll be buying I think

Apparently the look, feel and insides of the hardware are perfect, so yeah, here's hoping the userbase gets it fixed up good. I want one.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #866 on: June 07, 2009, 01:19:38 am
I flipped a page from my sketchbook today to find what I've been suspecting - that my drawings slant. It looks like someone stretches the top right corner of some drawings up. Here you can see it on some of the faces, specifically the portrait, armored goblin, and bald dude. It's flipped so I could see it.

It's kind of embarrassing to think that I've been oblivious to what must be obvious to most people.

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #867 on: June 07, 2009, 02:43:11 am
It isn't terribly obvious to me. If you hadn't pointed it out I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Actually. I just flipped it again and it looked way more skewed. Very weird...
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #868 on: June 07, 2009, 04:19:42 am
Atnas most artists I know naturally tend to draw with a slant. It's something that always must be fought against but the fact that you are able to recognize it is a good thing.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #869 on: June 07, 2009, 04:23:00 am
Aren't most artists oblivious to the flaws in their own pieces, hence why external critique is such a good thing? I don't see what's embarrassing about that :)