AuthorTopic: Sprite base and grass tile  (Read 8155 times)

Offline Adrian

• View Profile

Sprite base and grass tile

on: October 14, 2008, 05:57:41 pm
I'm making an rpg for a game competition with another guy and decided to post my work so far here to see what could be improved. So far I've got my basic male sprite base and a grass tile, I'll most likely update regularly though.

Offline FaeryShivers

• View Profile
    • Happy Ufo Studios

Re: Sprite base and grass tile

Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 09:09:55 pm
The major issue I see at this point is the walk s going to be very stiff. There is little to no bend in the legs, the
arms are a bit too short (mostly on the side view),  and you might have a hard time making the walk look fluid
with a sprite of that size and form with only 3 frames. I  personally only go less than 4 frames if the sprite is very small

I do like the grass, but it seems like you'd get the evil grid very quickly with it in large spaces.
Looking forward to further edits from you  :)

Offline Adrian

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 06:37:42 pm

Update: New rock, made my water tiles and tweaked my sprite a tiny bit.

Offline FaeryShivers

• View Profile
    • Happy Ufo Studios

Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 08:49:55 pm
Arms still seem a bit short when moving, but the still frame on the side is better.
Also, I think the water needs something (I believe caustics is the word I'm looking for) to add more depth, either some
darker "splotches" to create depth or some light/white highlights to simulate reflection...or both.  :D

Also remember to add some tiles that give variation to the depth and "indent" of the lake edges
so that it does not look so man made.

Offline Adrian

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 06:15:45 pm
Pine tree.. doesn't really fit my tileset because it's cartoonish. Got any suggestions?