AuthorTopic: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!  (Read 190870 times)

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!

on: January 01, 2006, 09:45:50 pm

Some may remember the old King of Spriters we did many years ago.  It was a lot of fun and really brought a bunch of prominent figures out... even got Sals to work in sizes larger then 32x32!

I have some time off and I decided to start a new version for 2006 because one, this was always fun and two, I run the risk of new members not knowing I actually draw from time to time :P I've decided to try something new this time to really make people work... this time you must include a character sprite (animated or not, I don't give a crap) in your own style... but to scale of a capcom or SNK figure.  When you finish both parts, portrait and Sprite, edit your initial post to display both of them side by side create a new post with both of them side by side.

Obviously I won't ask anyone to participate unless I start us off.  Some of you might remember my old 2003 (jesus has it been that long) fighter figure of myself...

So I decided to update it...

The colours are meh, the contrast is just OK and the pose didn't come out as intended and I didn't match the Cacpcom style quite like I wanted... but whatever... critique it if you want, I may or may not fiddle with it some more.  Also the finger were a pain.  The portrait came out a bit better... hopefully very reminiscent of the new SNK style... I tried to emulate it...

Most importantly, I must remind everyone... NOT EVERY ENTRY WILL BE ADDED TO THE FINAL SCREEN.  I can't stress that enough, there simply isn't enough space if everyone participates.  I make my judgement calls based off quality, so put some time into your work.  Only one person is guaranteed a slot, me, hahaha.  There is no real restriction on size as this is as free and open as possible.  No colour limits, and sizes can be anything reasonable from a Sukura sized character to the Incredibe hulk from Marvel vs Capcom.

So to Recap...

- Portrait
- Sprite
- [Optional] Website you want linked to... completely up to you, as I will add any without this.
- [Optional] Stage Background if you are interested in a custom one... again completely up to you, as I will add any without this.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 01:55:09 am by Scuba Steve »
Glub Glub!

Captain Blood

Re: King of Spriters 2006 - Part 1

Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 09:52:12 pm
Hey, is it possible I could submit a fighter sprite I did last year and sort of skip this part and then just do the character portrait later on.  I'd just like to contribute to this but haven't got the time to start a fighter from scratch and was intending do a portrait of my old one anyways.

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 09:53:38 pm
Knock yourself out.
Glub Glub!

Offline Acke

• Oh yeah! Pixel for me baby! ;)
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 09:56:35 pm
haha. thats pretty damn cool

Might give it a go. whats the size of the portrait?

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 09:57:14 pm
NO PORTRAITS YET!  Just the character!
Glub Glub!

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 10:05:06 pm
Good times ahoy, I haven't worked on a fighter since I first started pixeling.

Captain Blood

Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 10:48:45 pm
Well I gave it a lil touch up and changed colors slightly as I wasn't totally satisfied when I did them last year.  Will the thing support alternate palettes for characters?  Supplied the ones I already had done just in case.

*pic removed*

I look forward to doing the portrait bit.

EDIT:  Latest versions on 2nd page of topic
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 04:15:02 pm by Captain Blood »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 10:55:08 pm
so we just do a sprite in the scale of snk style then later do a portrait? if so im in for it.

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 11:00:51 pm
excitment.
never done a fighter.. ohwell, atleast it in own style

Offline silvir

• AKA Noah Bradley
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 11:07:34 pm
I missed out on the first one... let's hope I don't make that mistake again. :)

(except an entry soon)