AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364734 times)

Offline Sinistral Erim

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #50 on: April 21, 2009, 02:04:24 pm
Hey there.

I'm Erim from Venezuela. I've been an artist since forever and I've just recently started to do pixel art... so, um, yeah.

Offline Rachae

• View Profile

Reply #51 on: April 25, 2009, 05:25:48 am
Hi! My name is Rachae, and I'm a southern girl from the United States.
I've always been interested in art, and dabbled in pixels when I started play the NES Sailormoon games when I was 10 or so.
It's recently after I've been taking art classes and developing myself that I've come back to pixel art.
I'm very nervous and will probably be lurking for awhile as I don't feel I'm good enough, but let's hope I get over that soon.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 05:28:24 am by Rachae »

Offline politopo

• View Profile

Reply #52 on: April 25, 2009, 12:09:30 pm
I just notice that I never introduced myself in the proper way :-[ ... So:
Ciao, My name is Giorgio from Pisa, Italy, and I'm 28.
I've always started liking videogames and their art when I first saw a commodeore vic-20...
I spent a lot of my youth on a C=64 and that changed the way I perceive the world in 160 x 200 x 16 with wide pixels...  :)
I also like games ( not only video-g. ): playing them but among all creating them.
I finished up working on stuff not much related to games, but I keep designing games and pixelling as an hobby.
Nice to meet all of you  :)

Offline TiagoJ7

• View Profile

Reply #53 on: April 28, 2009, 02:09:26 pm
Hi, there, Pixelation members.

My name is Tiago, I'm 21 and I'm Portuguese.
I've been fascinated for pixels, among other interests, ever since I was a kid.

After reading this article/tutorial about pixel art, I recently started doing some random pixel art works. Either nonsense stuff that would remind you of the Atari games, or more complex things. I started doing that because, even though I like to make sprites and other things in Photoshop and Illustrator, I felt I needed to do something more simple, but that I still loved. Sometimes, when working on Photoshop, I forgot to have fun. Atari style pixel art is so simple, I haven't noticed how I liked it even before I started making sprites.

I do my sprites on MS Paint, but I'm starting to consider Photoshop.

Videogame sprites are definitely my favorite form of pixel art. My favorite styles are, but not restricted to, the 8-bit and 16-bit. My favorite console is the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis.
The sprites I like the most are Mega Drive Sonic, NES nas SNES Mario, Zelda and Megaman, GBA and DS Kirby, DS Mario & Luigi, and I think there are more, but these are the main ones.

Spriters-resource.com is my favorite sprite site.

The DS is a curious console. There are "A" games with 3D models all the way, "B" 2D platformers that used to have sprites and "C" games that are still treating the DS like a Gameboy Advance with a Touch Screen. On "A" the 3D models look awful when looked closely, because the pixels are huge. I'd like to see them cloudy like in the N64. Surprisingly, sprites do look good to me, but pixelated skins don't. When comparing the Sonic Rush titles to the Advance ones, the models don't look half as good as the sprites. Kirby, Mario & Luigi, etc., however, still have just sprites which I think it's great. New Super Mario Bros is fascinating because those 3D models instead of sprites look so good I don't know if I preferred the game to have sprites instead or not. Whatever it is, I like Mario's model and I would like to turn it into a sprite some day.

I came to this place to learn more about pixel art, but also to be around people who like it as much as I do.
I'll see you around.

Offline hsn2555

• Hakuna Matata
    • View Profile
    • HsnGoneWild Gallery

Reply #54 on: May 02, 2009, 01:24:42 am
hello peeps !
i'm hassan, i've been messing pixels since for almost a year and i totally enjoy it.
pixelart is fun more than it's a way to create functional stuff, to me .
anyway, (: i gotta learn some stuff and gain some experience along being with you.
Be Like no other

Offline Locoluis

• View Profile

Reply #55 on: May 13, 2009, 07:47:43 pm
Hiya. Luis González reporting from Santiago, Chile.

I've done some sprite artwork ocassionally since at least 1994, although I never was any good at it. I once wanted to make a fighting game, but I never had much free time to work on it, and eventually I gave up after a bunch of very buggy releases.

I currently publish a webcomic, named Sueños del Sur in Spanish, it's a story about four children of a chilean family. It's available at http://sds.lgm.cl/ ; a translation to English is at http://sds.lgm.cl/today.html

I found this site looking for color palettes, and I found the 16 color palette designed by Arne.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:23:00 am by Locoluis »

Offline Ninjuit

• Your friendly neighborhood Ninjuit
    • View Profile

Reply #56 on: May 17, 2009, 07:34:55 pm
Hey, I'm Ryan Huggins generally known as Ninjuit around the video game development world.

I'm amazingly new to spriting and I'm not very good yet so I came here to see if I could improve. I hope to upload a lot of stuff to this site and probably become an active member. You never know :D

I also hail from Rpg Rpg Revolution just in case anyone wants to know where I am known :P
The spriting Ninja noob.

Offline StealthBox

• View Profile

Reply #57 on: May 18, 2009, 03:08:36 am
Hi i am new here i do not have any experience with pixel art or drawing i have always liked both but have never been very good.

Offline Avocado

• Howdy
    • View Profile

Reply #58 on: May 23, 2009, 04:05:22 am
Hey everybody, I'm Avocado.

I've been pixelling on and (mostly) off for around 7 years now, and discovered pixeljoint a year ago, which led me to this website. I've been lurking since then, but decided to put my shyness behind me and to doesn't afraid. My year of lurking has taught me more about pixelling than I've learned in the six years of scribbling and I'd be glad to be accepted as part of the community.

Offline HC_Bret_Measor

• View Profile

Reply #59 on: May 26, 2009, 12:16:23 pm
Hi, my name is Bret Measor I am new to pixelation, and pixel art. I currently run my own indie flash game company called hardcircle.
Anyways, I will be posting my work as I create them, and I am always looking for feedback.