AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364830 times)

Offline Teddy2lazy

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #470 on: March 29, 2016, 03:22:19 pm
Hello everyone, i'm Johan Regis aka Teddy2lazy. I'm a game programmer and i love pixel art from snes/gba jrpgs so i
decided to give my best to be a pixel artist. Have mercy, i'm a mere beginner  :P

And i thank Cyangmou for your tutorials on deviant art, very well explained and exactly what i was looking for  :y:

Offline Melaniipon

• View Profile
    • The Strawberry Scribe

Reply #471 on: March 30, 2016, 06:15:01 pm
Hello, I'm new here. Signed up months ago, then forgot. XD

I'm working on a game with some friends and dabble in pixel art every once in awhile. I might post some pieces for feedback and ask pixel-related questions.

So, hai hai!

Offline DoomsdayBuccaneer

• Student Game Designer
    • View Profile

Reply #472 on: April 01, 2016, 06:41:29 pm
Hey guys, you can call me DB or Wynn.I'm 20 now, and I started doing pixel art when I was around 9-10? I mostly did small edits and recolours for a while but in the past few years I've been trying to switch to scratch art. I've also been learning game design and programming about the same amount of time, and plan to focus on tactics and/or RPG games. I would really like to hone my skills to the next level and hopefully you guys can help me get there!

Offline brutecold

• View Profile

Reply #473 on: April 04, 2016, 06:34:53 pm
Hello guys you can call me Brutecold (even those who know my name do it)
you can find me on slack!!

I'm a 3d artist with focus on concept art, very new to pixel art but always loved it.
I have some projects that I want to create so I'm learning!!

of course I'm a total noob, so I will ask a lot of noob questions all the time
and will do my best to get better at my pixelpoop  things  :0#

Cheers

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #474 on: April 05, 2016, 12:55:48 am
Welcome Melaniipon, DB, and brutecold :D Enjoy your stay at pix and feel free to join us on slack!

Offline Minty Chip

• @insanitymint
    • rhyasa.tigerpaw
    • minty-chips
    • View Profile
    • Minty's Art Pad

Reply #475 on: April 20, 2016, 07:05:12 pm
Oh.. um... Hi. I'm Minty Chip~ I've been an artist for a few years though I've only been doing traditional art and I wanted to expand my skills so I decided to do pixel art. I currently have done none of it and would love to learn from the ground up. (Avatar isn't my art but it was commissioned by me~)
So I hope we can get along and I will do my best to get better!

But uh... I would need help getting started and jumping right in on my own seems really overwhelming. ^^;

Offline tsej

• View Profile
    • Art and Code

Reply #476 on: April 20, 2016, 07:56:53 pm
@Minty Chip
Welcome!
Well..I'd advice reading the Rules and FAQ first.
There are a lot of resources and references there that will help you with getting started.
Find the "The Pixelart tutorial" on the pixeljoint forums and that will go over the basics.
Read the PSG Art tutorial by AndroidArts/Arne for a refresher if you need one.

Keep in mind that no one will hold your hand and walk you through. Everyone is busy :( but they still take time to help us newbies. Put in the effort and you'll see people coming to help you. And you'll get better if you take their advice and work on it.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:59:00 pm by tsej »
Correct me if I'm wrong

Offline Minty Chip

• @insanitymint
    • rhyasa.tigerpaw
    • minty-chips
    • View Profile
    • Minty's Art Pad

Reply #477 on: April 20, 2016, 10:42:22 pm
@Minty Chip
Welcome!
Well..I'd advice reading the Rules and FAQ first.
There are a lot of resources and references there that will help you with getting started.
Find the "The Pixelart tutorial" on the pixeljoint forums and that will go over the basics.
Read the PSG Art tutorial by AndroidArts/Arne for a refresher if you need one.

Keep in mind that no one will hold your hand and walk you through. Everyone is busy :( but they still take time to help us newbies. Put in the effort and you'll see people coming to help you. And you'll get better if you take their advice and work on it.

Good luck!
Thank you!
I did in fact go through the rules, maybe not the FAQs... But I'll look that up and those recommended reading material.

I understand that no one will hold my hand and, as much as that is the best way I learn, I will try my best to do things on my own with the documentation I can find. :)

Offline tsej

• View Profile
    • Art and Code

Reply #478 on: April 20, 2016, 11:42:25 pm
That's awesome! Critiques and Comments on your work, and iterating on it is one of the best ways of learning IMO.
Have a good day.
Correct me if I'm wrong

Offline nessx007

• medleystudio
    • medleystudio
    • View Profile

Reply #479 on: May 28, 2016, 10:05:11 am
Hey guys, Gabe here, signed up a few days ago as a relatively new pixel-artist (if around 8 months still counts as new!)

I'm mostly self-taught, gaining inspiration from SNES games primarily. Last summer, I embarked on a personal project with my programming cousin Andrew with the goal of recapturing the spark and charm of Nintendo games from the 16 bit era. We were heavily influenced by retro puzzle games and competitive/strategy games, and with each passing day our game Super Plexis gets closer and closer to being complete! Still much art and animation to be done though, and I could always use a second pair of eyes (or a hundred) for opinions and advice.

Looking forward to lurking this awesome forum and seeing all your guys stuff! I hope you'll have me too.
Hope this little blurb finds you well! We've got a fun little series documenting our progress on our SNES puzzle throwback game here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NomLd6Wcbro
Or check out our game art on tumblr:
http://medleystudio.tumblr.com