AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364653 times)

Offline Lanarky

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #330 on: October 21, 2012, 12:50:51 am
Hello everyone! I have been reading this forum for over a year now, and I have to say that I wouldn't have the skill that I have today without all the helpful topics you've had! Even though I have been pixeling since 2004 (roughly), I hope to learn even more! Thanks!

Offline Sollers

• View Profile

Reply #331 on: October 30, 2012, 10:08:19 am
Hello All,

I'm Sollers and I joined this forum so that I could learn some more about pixel art.
In the past I did a little bit of pixel art but not a great deal of it, it was mainly attempting to create pokemon sprites and sonic characters. I left that behind a while a go and got into programming in C. After getting past all the application programming and such I decided it was time for me to try my hand at game programming. It was then that I realised that the vast majority of what makes a 2D game great is its art. This realisation inspired me to get back into my old ways and attempt to learn things properly.

I look forward to talking to you all and improving on my skills, hopefully getting to at least a fraction of the skill of some of the fantastic work I've seen here already.

Sollers~

Offline MeteorBear

• View Profile

Reply #332 on: October 31, 2012, 02:09:21 am
Hello, I am fairly new to pixel art. Hope to have some stuff to share with everyone at some point. I am trying out the demo of Pro Motion right now. I like it quite a bit, though my wacom tablet pen wants to right click half the time, or gives me the loading icon for a few seconds when I hold the pen down to color something...
Anyhow, I like the boards here. I like the help I read about and everyones sprites of course, I can see I have alot to lear. Hi, and see you around.

Offline HardcoreBadger

• View Profile

Reply #333 on: November 04, 2012, 06:11:51 pm
hi i'm new, i just post here before someone ask me to present myself

i know how to draw, but in every others aspects i sux, like colouring/shading/animating but this forum is not about ripping mario sprites and it caught my attention :)

Offline Britton0014

• View Profile

Reply #334 on: November 06, 2012, 12:49:06 am
Hello, I'm Britton!
I don't have a whole lot of experience with pixel art, but I've done a little. I've worked on a couple of projects, one abandoned one on some sort of hiatus for an unknown period of time. I did some tile work and a few sprites, and I had a really good time doing it. I came here because pixel art is just all sorts of fun and this looks like a good community to help with people's projects and just have some fun! :)

Offline WorldWithoutWords

• 16-Bit Boss
    • View Profile

Reply #335 on: November 12, 2012, 12:39:40 am
Hi I'm a 23 year artist and game dev. Got into pixel art last year coming from a concept art background. Hope to have some fun, learn a bunch and talk to people with similar interests. If you've got a DA account let's be friends too : ).

Offline wishie

• View Profile
    • Deviantart

Reply #336 on: November 19, 2012, 06:03:59 am
Hello  :)
I'm Wishie, others may know me as wish04. I was introduced to pixel art 9 years ago by looking at and making pixel dolls, so I do have a bit of a dolling background to me. I do hope to try out new things with my pixels, maybe more background stuff. We'll see how that goes.

Nice to meet you all! ;D

Offline Yngar

• Part-time Ludologist
    • View Profile
    • Blog

Reply #337 on: December 12, 2012, 10:12:27 pm
Hi there everybody! I'm Yngar from Denton Texas. I like to make games.
Recently through working on projects I realized that I can actually seem to make pixels into art so I thought I would come here to get some advice on my art and help out others. Community is fun!

Offline Ashbad

• I am governor Jerry Brown
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Reply #338 on: December 14, 2012, 01:44:33 am
I never introduced myself!  I feel so deprived of an enriched newbiehood :(

I'm Ashbad, and I've been making pixel art for 6 months or so, now, with a huge break over the summer and early autumn.  I've been a member here for about that long, and I've learned a great deal from the myriad of impressive artists here.  Pixel art was my first jump into being a practicing artist, and now I'm working on my general drawing skills as well.  I'm definitely not the best artist, nor the most advanced, nor the most seasoned by any means, but I'm willing to learn through much practice (when I have time and motivation -- hard classes and sleeping problems help make a deficit in that motivation component at times.)

I'm 16 (as of posting this, soon to be 17), and I have the goal of advancing in my general art skills enough in order to take an AP Art class next year in school, before I hit college.  When I get into college, I'll probably at least attempt some sort of art minor along with Electrical Engineering/Compiter Engineering -- might be a hard goal, but I'm determined.

Offline rodrigolira

• View Profile

Reply #339 on: December 15, 2012, 04:28:35 am
Hi all!

I'm from Brazil and my english is not that good, please don't blame me. I'm new on pixel art and i am searching to improve (create is the right word  :blind:) my portfolio.

The shadeless-slime on the left (avatar) is the first piece of art that i show online, you all know i need to get better (fact). I'm well-versed in traditional drawing and most of my pixel art is made by pixel-over. This is the tecnique i chose to go the pixel way.

And... that's all about me (for now  :lol:).