AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364649 times)

Offline Blyde

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #270 on: April 29, 2012, 09:58:56 pm
Hi everyone.

I'm Blyde! I'm a motion graphics designer by trade, pixel artist by hobby. I've been on Pixelation for a while, grabbing tons of references and inspiration. Finally decided to bite the bullet and register...because I thought registering would bring the old skin back. HAHA. Hopefully I will be fairly active, I'm still kind of a novice at pixel art!

At the moment, I am working on a Sonic the Hedgehog fan game called Emerald Ties. Yes, har har, Sonic fandom, and also those games weren't exactly the pinnacle of pixel art, but so be it. Maybe I'll post stuff from it for critique.

BOOM!

Offline cheatsguy

• View Profile

Reply #271 on: June 03, 2012, 02:23:06 am
Hi guys! I've been browsing pixelation recently and decided to set up an account! Hopefully I will be able to improve my rather poor-to-average art. I am primarily interested in game development using standards of older equipment with some new twists, so i hope I will be able to learn and maybe one day teach!  :D

Offline BladeJunker

• Know your limits, then break them.
    • View Profile

Reply #272 on: June 03, 2012, 08:47:22 am
Howdy, yeah me too on improving my skills. :)

Offline cheatsguy

• View Profile

Reply #273 on: June 03, 2012, 03:08:36 pm
Hi! Glad to be able to start here!

Offline JonasO

• View Profile

Reply #274 on: June 09, 2012, 02:37:26 am
Hi everyone! I'm Jonas, a computer scientist student.
You can visit my computer science homepage.
I spent some time programming and designing games, but were never too good at any viewable art.
I've recently decided to try and change that... So I'm currently working on some neat pixel art! I sure hope to keep this "experiment" up and running for a while.

Kind regards, Jonas
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 01:18:27 am by JonasO »

Offline alessandroLino

• View Profile

Reply #275 on: June 14, 2012, 09:05:14 am
So uh, hi there!

I'm Alessandro and i've been lurking around this forum for a while to improve my pixel artings, so i just guessed it was time to show up and ask for some real feedback  :P

I've been working on games for a few years, but since it's only for fun and learning, i never actually released anything. Which i hope to do someday! :crazy:

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #276 on: September 17, 2012, 07:08:04 pm
Hi!

Im trying to get good at pixel art, and im really enjoying it. if i can get good enough id love to be able to do it professionally, but i get a lot of personal satisfaction out of it anyway so ill just have fun with it! a site like this with critiques and activities looks like a godsend! i might pop over to the pixel forum and post a WIP!

Offline Ymedron

• All draw and no paint!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart account

Reply #277 on: October 03, 2012, 10:03:09 am
Built up the bravery to finally post...

Hello, and I am Ymedron.
I've been interested in pixelart for years, but I've only slightly dabbled in the field (mainly pokemon sprite-edits but hardly anything freehand). Hopefully this will change.
Im more of a painter/drawer, so compressing all the information into a sprite or a tile will probably be my biggest challenge. Hm hm!
Also my art tumblr: ymedronart.tumblr.com

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #278 on: October 03, 2012, 10:30:27 am
Im more of a painter/drawer, so compressing all the information into a sprite or a tile will probably be my biggest challenge. Hm hm!

But you can paint/draw! That's a very important skill for pixel art, too. You should be off to a good start :)
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline JillandJack

• View Profile

Reply #279 on: October 05, 2012, 02:26:25 am
Hello,
I am totally new to pixel art, i just started a month ago. I got into pixel art b/c i am starting to make a platform game. I pretty much finished the design document and just begining to get concept art. I am trying hard to find all that there is on this subject and will be on here to help anyone in any way possible. Looking forward to being a long time member :)

thanks,

Chris,
If your just starting out PixelPileDriver has a great blog to help you get started:
http://ppdaniatlas.blogspot.ca/
Hopefully you get as much as I have out of it :)