AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364606 times)

Offline RedKnight91

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #250 on: September 01, 2011, 10:25:19 am
Hello everyone, I'm Michael, I'm in love with videogames, music and art, and I'm from Italy.
I like running (sprinting particularly) and I play electric guitar.
I'm working as a programmer and web designer, but my dream is to be a pixel artist in some videogame-making team.
I'm looking forward to learn as much as I can and give feedback to others, I hope this forum is what I need ^^

If you want to see some of my drawings, head here http://redknight91.deviantart.com/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 02:43:11 pm by RedKnight91 »
Bear with my poor english, I'm italian!

Offline gmanandy

• View Profile

Reply #251 on: September 01, 2011, 02:21:32 pm
Greetings All!

I am Andrew, 18 years old and from Australia!

As of quite recently actually, I have really enjoyed looking at Pixel Art and have had a great time trying to make my own. I really enjoy the Zelda Ocarina of Time and old Pokemon style pixel art. Though in all honesty I really don't have the greatest pixel skills myself, so I'm hoping this community will help me grow or even teach me a few tips and tricks. :lol:

Apart from designing and art, I am a guitarist, at the moment in a Thrash Metal band as a rhythm. Other than that I just like my games like many others do - particularly the medieval fantasy style of games; eg. The Elder Scrolls, Mount&Blade and Age of Empires (I, II and Mythology), I do also enjoy my share of FPS and MMORPG games as well of-course as the well-known Minecraft... [Addicted]

As I continue to make more art I will share what I have created and will search for some C&C. Thank-you for having me!
Currently attempting to make one!

Offline NightCabbage

• View Profile
    • Cabbynode Games

Reply #252 on: September 01, 2011, 11:53:38 pm
Hi everyone :)

I'm a game developer from Australia, and I love pixel art. But unfortunately, I'm not a good artist lol

So you'll probably see me around the forum giving C+C and asking to hire artists :)

<3

Offline GeoffBorchers

• <3
    • View Profile

Reply #253 on: September 07, 2011, 01:53:16 am
Hi there! My name is Geoff, and I'm from California in the USA. My hobbies include reading, drawing, lots of music, and playing music.

I'm a programmer/pixel artist, but I'm unfortunately not very good at the latter. I hope to improve over time, and I hope you'll come with me on this brilliant journey!
Feel free to throw some me some love via ICQ! I'm always happy to chat as long as I'm not super busy.

Offline Charlieton

• awkward dancer
    • View Profile

Reply #254 on: September 23, 2011, 04:55:43 pm
Hi people!

I've been with this forum for a long time, as a lurker! :o  I created my account some years back, and have posted some art for critique. Regretfully, I did not follow up on all the pointers given on those, and the threads were eventually abondoned by me. :-[  Since then, my time on Pixelation has been spent reading theory, and not doing enough practical work (read: "none at all!").

I started coming back and checking the forum regularly since a couple of weeks ago. Bad timing, considering it recently went down in flames for a week! :'(

Anyway, it, and I, are back. And this time around, I'm going to make a sincere effort to stay with my projects and the forum.

As for more general information, I can mention that I live in Sweden, at the west coast (the BEST coast!). I was born in the very late 80s' (too late!), and have been growing up with video games being my main point of interest since I got a GameBoy, roughly around the same year that it was first released. I like most types of games, but I have a tough time keeping up with new (mainstream) releases. Latest released one I played was Mass Effect 2, I think. No matter, I spend enough time as it is on old fighting games and arcade action-type games such as shmups and platformers, anyway.

As far as art is concerned, I've taken every chance given during my standard school years to study it. Though I've never done any advanced art studies, and my grasp of real life drawing is very limited. Nevertheless, I'm still having a lot of fun with drawing/art, and spend a lot of time thinking about it.

Thanks for having me! ;D
/Charlie
Det skulle vara lätt för mig att säga att jag inte gillar dig, men det gör jag; tror jag

Offline lolyogurt

• View Profile

Reply #255 on: September 29, 2011, 11:56:20 am
Hi there !
First of all I apologize for my broken english, trying hard to learn it by myself :)
I'm Sylvain, a french webdesigner and illustrator who seeking work in the periphery of Lyon, one of the most beautiful city in France ;) I've always loved pixels (probably since my first NES) and drawing, so why not combine these two things ? I'm here to work on that :)

Some of my works:
The Tetris Machine
Yahourt, an old comic-strip (only in french, sorry :( )
My portfolio

Offline Facet

• View Profile

Reply #256 on: November 30, 2011, 05:06:48 pm
First post here but I've been a habitual lurker for a while.

Thanks to all the mods & regulars, past and present who've made this such an awesome forum. :D 

Offline G-Flash

• View Profile

Reply #257 on: December 15, 2011, 01:13:31 pm
Hi my name is Tony i'm canadian/columbian and i'm make games on psp/vita and Nintendo DS which is basically what i do for a living, i used to be a games tester and artist for SEGA which was for 10 years. I also hold my small Team named G-Flash which is a specified animation team which i trained, for the moment i'm just looking around...

Offline janiczek

• View Profile

Reply #258 on: December 30, 2011, 12:13:43 am
Hi guys,

I'm glad I found a pixelart-oriented forum :) I like all kind of old-games stuff, absolutely love GBC/GBA/... graphics, 8bit music, etc. - and I have even tried to do some pixelart myself ... Like this one: (I still don't know how the hell did I do it, it happened so fast! :D )

I'm a sanguine type though, so my enthusiasm lasts only for weeks/months and then I move to some other hobby of mine. I hope I will manage to learn something here till then! :)

So, yeah, hi :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 11:04:17 pm by ptoing »

Offline rehab bunny

• View Profile

Reply #259 on: January 02, 2012, 04:39:56 pm
Hey everyone!
I'm an aspiring artist who's trying to dabble in pixel art and help out with a 2d morpg. I'm always wanting to improve and art has to be one of the greatest things I enjoy. I hope to learn a lot from the amazing pixellers here. :3 This year I hope to pixel, draw, paint, sketch like a madman.

I hope I don't come across as too odd, but I like to think my insanity keeps me from going stale.

-RB