AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364617 times)

Offline haowan

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #240 on: June 30, 2011, 09:19:43 am
Hello

I'm Alex, I co-made Eufloria which doesn't have any pixel art in it at all, but I've been pixelling since early home computer days, making graphic sets and levels for Repton Infinity, and I guess familiar with the process since before that when it was necessary to do it on squared paper before inputting the data into your Spectrum or BBC Micro, though nothing ever went on-screen from that AFAIR. Then I did lots of Deluxe Paint pixel art before I really got into programming. I'm really a programmer so I'm not that great at drawing, though probably a sight better than most programmers I would say.

Before Eufloria I made Cottage of Doom which does have some pixel art in it. Some of it is modified with the paintbrush tool in photoshop though, like I did the dirt on the bottom of the wall tiles with a brown translucent brush. ANYWAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnQ-vHOpJLg
And before that I made a dungeon crawler in about a day

Before that I was making a digging game that never happened, should have continued with it really this was before digging was the new game design thing that makes people lots of money

Well that's me, see you around.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 09:26:55 am by haowan »

Offline Wesley

• View Profile

Reply #241 on: July 01, 2011, 01:22:56 am
Hello, everyone! My name is Wesley. I've been browsing this lovely forum for the past 6 months, and I must say I really love the community here. Everybody is really friendly and it's rare to see that on the internet (too many trolls...). I should have registered sooner, but here I am!

I don't have any art to contribute right now. I'm still trying to figure out how to pixel in a style that I'm absolutely in love with, but can't seem to grasp. It flies right over my head! I'm a programmer in C#, and hope to create my own games soon (Art, coding, music, etc).

Offline Yuri

• View Profile

Reply #242 on: July 02, 2011, 03:36:20 am
hey haowan, just wanted to say the voice acting in COD is incredible  :D

Offline haowan

• View Profile

Reply #243 on: July 02, 2011, 07:54:24 am
Thanks, that's my friend Brad, he is rock. I did the "Cottage of doom" title voice, but the rest is him. The zombies are an artist we know called Ray. Best zombie noises ever. My girlfriend at the time didn't want to do the female voice so we used a synth  :lol:

Offline Fickludd

• View Profile

Reply #244 on: July 03, 2011, 08:51:48 pm
Hi people,

I've been lurking pixel art for some time and finally decided to join the fun. Previously I've been doing vector-graphics flash games (programming, art and everything), but those projects take so frickin' much time so... yeah. Making one sprite takes a bunch shorter anyway.

Offline Yuri

• View Profile

Reply #245 on: July 03, 2011, 09:03:01 pm
Hi Fickludd, I've also been doing a flash game lately. I'm a bit surprised you mention making a sprite drawing is faster than a vector. So far, I've found it's quite time consuming, especially the backgrounds. What I found really great about the sprites is the efficiency of blitting, I'm blitting the whole scene every frame and it's rock solid. Not a single movie clip in the project, 100% as3 code.

Offline d00de

• View Profile

Reply #246 on: July 07, 2011, 01:18:34 pm
Hello Pixelation! i'm new to this forum, i found it googling for some tutorials or advices for pixel drawing...well i'm the dude, or d00de if you like it more. i'm 24 and come from italy. i like very much playing videogames since my parents gave me a SNES when i was a child :D since then, i loved the kind of retro graphics and now i'd like to do something similar, or at least try just for fun and hobby! i like the patience and hard work behind this kind of drawings require...the challenge is accepted!
i'm sure that here i can find useful info, criticisms, hints and suggestions :) i'm very eagerly to learn! pleased to meet you guys!  ;D

Offline Kragagam

• View Profile

Reply #247 on: July 13, 2011, 10:03:13 pm
Hi all, I'm Kragagam and I started doing pixel artwork just under five days ago. Made quite a few small pieces, experimenting, trying to learn and trying to read as much as I can. I might be involved in a game project soon with a friend and a friend of his, hope so think it'd help my progress (adding a bit of stress and some deadlines... right  :D)

edit: I'll add a few things I did today.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:58:34 pm by Kragagam »

Offline lgcradish

• View Profile

Reply #248 on: July 17, 2011, 06:34:09 pm
Hello, I am lgcradish, I am relatively new to pixel art. I have only been doing it for about a year. My friends think I am good, but none of them pixel so I don't believe it when they say I am "the best". I'm mostly trying to learn new things and improve my technique, and it would be wonderful to learn from this place. So that's it

Offline Lunatic0

• View Profile

Reply #249 on: July 20, 2011, 01:24:45 pm
I'm Lunatic0, I have been into pixel art for a short time, I'm more of a musician than anything else, but have some coding and graphic skills (quite low for sure).

I had bump Tsugumo tutorial a few times, besides a hell lot of tuts on the web, so I can make this game that is making me not sleep at night (I'm even dreaming about it...it's kinda odd).

Hope to get better as soon as someone give me some C+C.

If anybody needs music or loops, maybe I can help a little bit!