AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364554 times)

Offline Axerax

• .::Inspire Elegance::.
    • View Profile
    • Evermoon Designs

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #230 on: May 29, 2011, 04:09:31 am
Hello everyone,

Some may know me from other websites, but since the age of 11 I've been in the RPG Making community utilizing programs like RM2K, RM2k3, RMXP, and RMVX and websites from the early days of RMXP.net. I am a graphic artist, but not so much a pixel artist. I tend to do things like logos, Heads-Up Displays, and more along those lines. I host an RPG Design website of my own which i will put shortly into my signature.

I prefer to make sure my games are well polished and look as good as they can with the best resources available. This website is filled to the brim with talented pixel artists and I look forward to being able to share that common goal with them.

-Axerax

.::Inspire Elegance::.
... www.EvermoonDesigns.com ...
... A new RPG Maker Community ...

Offline Candy Man Criminal

• ~Reality is a plague, we're the medication~
    • View Profile

Reply #231 on: June 04, 2011, 08:23:46 pm
Hullo peoples

I'm Candy Man Criminal, Candy Man, or simply CMC
If you see the name anywhere, it's probably me
I've been making sprites for a few years, though i still have yet to really decide on a style
I'm also a programmer, in college
I like doing sprites for various projects
so uh, yeah, I'll probably mostly C+C and look at the job posts here, other then general, of course
see you in there ;D

~CMC

Offline piffany

• View Profile

Reply #232 on: June 07, 2011, 06:52:27 pm
Hey all, my name is piffany (real name Tiffany). I'm a 2nd year PhD student in computer graphics. Originally I was doing some research in picture logic puzzles like nonograms/Paint by Numbers, but that led me to pixel art because being able to create nice pixel artworks is crucial to designing a nice looking puzzle. The stuff done by people in the forum is just amazing. I read through all the tutorials, but as soon as I tried to draw something myself, I realized how difficult it is. I'm interested in learning more about how pixel artists work, and maybe develop some tool that help facilitate some mundane tasks in pixelling. Right now, I'm looking into the most basic thing--how to turn a smooth curve (say, in vector format) into a pixelated line the way pixel artists do. If you are interested in providing any feedback (no commitment necessary) or even collaborate on something, please let me know. I would love all the help I can get, plus it's always better/less biased to have other knowledgeable people to evaluate my work.

Just to give you an idea what I'm working on, here are three curves shown in gray. I'm trying to rasterize them on the underlying grid, and the pink pixels are what I think represent the original curves best. I'm trying to come up with an algorithm for doing this automatically, but this requires data and feedback from real artists.

--Piffany
Disclaimer: I am still fairly new at pixel art, so please don't be offended by my negative critiques :)

Offline Vayliya

• It'sa Vayvay
    • View Profile

Reply #233 on: June 14, 2011, 05:48:37 am
I'm Vay. My real name is Sarah. I've been pixelling in some form or another for the better part of 13 years. I'm prone to procastination. Lol. I'm from Tuscaloosa, Al; yea the place that got hit by an EF4 tornado. Scariest minute of my life. Most of my pixelling will be done on a laptop until we find a new house and I have somewhere for a desktop. So if any of my colors look funky just let me know. Thanks. I hope to get to know you all soon.

Offline Nekron

• View Profile

Reply #234 on: June 16, 2011, 12:13:45 am
Hey guys,

I am Nekron and have been a pretty heavy gamer for a few years now. Programming is one of my best friends, along with the internet. I am looking to program games with one of my friends for Steam, at least take our chances, and we want to make a pixel styled game, sort of SNES like I guess. I suck at it though, I tried making a pig and it does not look good! haha, anyway I thought I would come here and hopefully be able to get some tips and maybe a mentor if anyone was willing. But in short, I am a super nerd gamer, love food and am fun to hang around if anyone wants to just talk. ^^

Offline Kazekai

• View Profile

Reply #235 on: June 17, 2011, 12:46:01 pm
Hi. I've been lurking here for a while but not extensively. I joined when I realized my pixel art skills are really lacking and I'd really like to be able to grasp how to draw things like grass and iso characters. I've followed several pixel art tutorials only to have my finished products come out all wrong and I've only ever managed to draw one half-decent tree.

I need a project, I'm bored with my aimless months of free time until I start college so I'm taking on a huge pixel-art centered project to give me an incentive to do something. I like drawing but I'm hard to motivate, I have a predisposition to being lazy so giving myself a project with an end goal helps me to get up and actually draw something.

I'll post some stuff in another thread, I'm hoping some good artists can fill in the blanks the tutorials all seemed to leave me with... I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. :blind:

Offline Yuri

• View Profile

Reply #236 on: June 21, 2011, 06:38:58 pm
Hi folks,

I go by the handle Yuri on forums because it's somewhat close to my real name and I'm probably the biggest western fan of cheesy Russian dance music. Over the years I've been the programmer other aesthetically challenged programmers turn to when they need icons and UI. The funny thing is I completely suck at drawing on paper, can't even draw a straight line and my handwriting looks like a 8 years old at best.

I kind of get away with digital art using various methods of obfuscating/improving reference materials and a lot of hardwork. I like doing detailed art at small resolution and I'd like to sharpen my skill to hopefully be able to create original artwork someday. Currently I'm doing sprites, tiles and backgrounds for a flash game as a hobby. Apart from graphics and programming I'm also a hardware synthesizer nerd.

Will be posting sprite animations in comment/critique soon. Do anyone read this thread?

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #237 on: June 21, 2011, 08:28:59 pm
Yes, people do read it! They just don't often reply.
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #238 on: June 23, 2011, 12:00:56 pm
I read it. :(

Welcome everyone, may your pixelling be prosperous and... plenty?

Offline Talvara

• View Profile

Reply #239 on: June 25, 2011, 05:22:04 pm
Fear not for I have returned,

yeah... well, I've been a member a long time ago, not very active. so Hello, or hello again. I'm a dutch (student) technical artist and am looking to pick up pixeling once more for some sweet indy development :)