AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364662 times)

Offline wanna_be

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #220 on: April 15, 2011, 06:24:42 am
Hello people! My names Carl.

I actually just got into the whole pixel thing since my game maker sprites look like crap  ;D. My art is beond horrid since, you know, I just started and all so I was hoping I could post my first pixel... non-art and get bashed while hopefully learning something helpful.

I read the rules and i'm kinda cautious about actually posting it. The main thing that stuck out was "don't bother"

Offline Sergiotron

• View Profile

Reply #221 on: April 15, 2011, 03:14:45 pm
Hi everybody!
My name is Sergio and I'm from Colombia (south america) :)
Like cybernetic said, I have a lot to learn

Offline Drascoll

• View Profile

Reply #222 on: April 15, 2011, 04:36:21 pm
Hey guy,

Drascoll signing in to introduce myseld. I have a background in fine art and Graphic Design and recently have become interested in the minimalism that is involved with pixel art. I've been working with digital art programs since the day's of Deluxe Paint II and think my first attempts at this go back to editing doom.wad files and helping my brother work in VGA graphics for a home made adventure game. Still I fell that I very new to this and would love to learn more. An example or my naive mined is that I just realized that C64 was referring to a commodore 64's 16 color palet.

But if anyone has any suggestions on where to get started I'm all ears. Thanks
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 04:38:44 pm by Drascoll »

Offline Cassowary

• View Profile

Reply #223 on: April 15, 2011, 10:30:11 pm
Hello, Cassowary reporting in. I haven't read all the rules yet so I'll just be lurking. I've been spriting for... a year and a half, maybe, and am interested in learning how to improve. I've mostly sprited animals, starting with dragons and moving on to other things, and wish to expand further (isometric art, for one). Not aiming to become a professional, but I'd love to get better. I like bugs, birds, and dragons, among other things. My favorite color is green.

Offline Fawful

• View Profile

Reply #224 on: April 17, 2011, 06:15:38 pm
i didn't read the rules

whatcha gon do about it?

Offline Ruskian

• View Profile

Reply #225 on: April 18, 2011, 09:02:08 pm
Hi there everyone! I'm Ruskian and I have almost a years experience spriting. I am a Pixel War enthuisiast and frequently visit this site: http://picturewars.net/smf/index.php. I'm probably not going to be too active, but I should post one of the small gems I make sometimes. Looking forward to joining the community.

Offline Cesque

• View Profile

Reply #226 on: May 05, 2011, 10:37:10 pm
Hello! I'm Cesque, and I'm another one of those Game Maker people. I've been developing (or trying to develop) indie games for quite a while now, but only got interested in pixel art proper recently. Thanks a lot, Mush.

Offline Bic

• View Profile

Reply #227 on: May 18, 2011, 07:44:07 pm
Hey, My name is Dylan but over the web I like to go by the name of Bic.

I'm learning Actionscript 2 for Flash, and currently making progress on a 2D RPG, and I've come to this forum to look for skilled workers to make me some graphics! I will be paying them of course.

Offline Psiweapon

• View Profile
    • My portfolio

Reply #228 on: May 21, 2011, 09:15:43 pm
HAY GUISE  :D

I've been pixeling on and off for some years now, seven or something like that I think. Once upon a time I had an extremely crappy computer (even though I've since had even worse) and the only drawing program that would work was GrafX2. And I absolutely fell in love with it. Some time after, I learned what pixel art was. My earlier pixel stuff were your typical RPG maker charasets, and I've made some other stuff, some for fun but most of them for backwater game projects, which give me the motivation to start pixelling. I'm currently making creature tiles for two roguelike projects, one of them animooted. Actually, my first animations.

I'm not very skilled or prolific but I always try to give my pixels some personality, you can also find me at PixelJoint and Temple of the Roguelike.

Truth be told, I lack a lot of pixeling skills and techniques and I tend to end up boxing myself in the same kind of work. I hope some influences from here help me with that.

That's it! KTHXBYE  :crazy:

Offline pikminboy111

• View Profile

Reply #229 on: May 29, 2011, 02:27:27 am
I'm pikminboy111 (that it for everything so if theres a user with that its most likely me) and i'm new to pixel art but i'm fairly good.
Ill have stuff up soon enough from my current job from a friend to make the graphics for his calc game, and other stuff.