AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364666 times)

Offline michelcote

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #210 on: March 02, 2011, 04:52:26 pm
Also, by registering an account you agree you are to log in at least twice per week for the next 5 years in fear of legal action by our crack team of lawyers.
Haha, what? Good eye trough!
I've posted on this board a few times already, but have so far neglected to introduce myself here. Let's fix that!
My name is Michel Cote, Mike is fine too. I'm 25 years old and live in Eastern Canada. I speak French but English is my first language. I've been drawing for a really long time in many different styles, and since I got a laptop and some internets some years ago I discovered MSPaint and Photoshop and fell in love with pixel art and digital art in general.
Before coming here I was completely unaware of the theory and technique of pixel art, and as it turns out, the "pixel art" I've been making is something more along the lines of oekaki. I've been lurking quite extensively here for maybe 6 months, I've been reading lots and learning lots!
I'm here to try to refine my pixel art skills and to learn more behind more technical aspects like hardware limitations. I'm also in love with 2D platformers.

Offline Shinobi

• View Profile

Reply #211 on: March 05, 2011, 06:43:33 pm
Hi dudes (and dudettes)

I'm a brazilian graphic designer (working with interfaces for mobile apps), and besides it's quite obvious, i have to say...I love pixel art.

I've grown up playing 8-bits, 16-bits and later on 32-bit video-games. Even with the advent of games using 3d graphics. I'd still prefer 2d games. I don't know why...well love isn't something you can explain right?

I don't know if we can divide pixel art in categories...but sprite making is very appealing to me. I like do draw and create my own characters since I was a toddler, maybe it's because of that.  :P

Some of my most favorite works are the ones seen in Legend of Mana, Ragnarok Online, Seiken Densetsu 3, Final Fantasy 6 and Tales of Series. A indie game that inspired me a lot to start learning pixel art was the Card Sagas War, with that, Abyss Wolf's gallery in DeviantArt also gave me a lot of motivation.

Well, I've spoken too much, that's my introduction to the forum. Hope to learn a lot with you guys!

See you around!  ;)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 07:01:19 pm by Shinobi »

Offline pixelghost

• Go 8-bit Or Go Home!
    • View Profile

Reply #212 on: March 10, 2011, 11:16:30 am
Hey there!

My name is Pixel Ghost, i am 26 years old, and i have been doing pixel pushing on and off since i was like 13. i first started when graal online came out, developing tilesets, sprites, GUI's, and later working on some freelance projects. majority of my stuff is more fantasy based, and it seems to take me forever to complete anything to be honest haha.

take a leap into the future, and i have been working on graphic design and pixel prints for a merchandise company where i sell my work on iphone cases, t-shirts, even thongs for girls! haha and about a million other random things.

i am here actually to improve improve improve. as there is always something to learn, and would love to be better at my curves and shading. my dithering is medicore. but again that is why i am here. :) ill see you all on the forums, and i hope to meet up with some other project designers to possibly get an indie game going :) lots of love all, pixel art forever!

~Pixel Ghost
"Go 8-bit Or Go Home!"

Offline Basketcase

• View Profile

Reply #213 on: March 13, 2011, 11:59:52 pm
Hi Pixelation-people,

My name is Jason and I'm a long time amateur pixel-pusher. I posted on an earlier iteration of the Pixelation forum, a purple one, aeons ago, when selout was cool.

I've just started to get myself back into the hobby, partly cause I want to make graphics for games (I used to dabble in amateur game development). Getting my pictures in magazines or whatever would be cool too.

The styles I like tend to be cartoony and old videogame-inspired. I'd like to improve my people-drawing and animation (so I can make nice platformer characters).

See you.
To do: ??? Cow made my lovely avatar.

Offline Kastorr

• View Profile

Reply #214 on: March 15, 2011, 01:50:14 am
Hello there, ladies and gentlemen.

As you might have noticed, I'm new here.
Exploring about for the first time, I figured I really liked the way this place worked. I have no artistic skills, or even any intention of pixelling, so I'll mostly be about to admire the fine works others put out, and to compliment you guys on your skills.

Offline AllEvilLaughter

• View Profile
    • Flying Kakapo

Reply #215 on: March 17, 2011, 01:54:37 am
Heelo all,
Figured I lurk here enough, I may as well register and post!
I dabble in pixel art every now and then when I need it for games.
Hopefully I'll be posting some art every now and then.

Offline Puppet

• Nom, I'm a Panda.
    • View Profile

Reply #216 on: March 24, 2011, 08:31:52 pm
Hello Guys and Girls.

I'm Puppet, I use this alias on a fair few Morpg engine forums.
A little about myself:
I'm 17 and currently in college retaking my english gcse's so I can get a higher grade and 2d graphics design.
I started learning to pixel around 3 years ago now when I had decided I want to make a game, over the course of those 3 years I have created so many tilesets, character sets and even revisited them to make them even better.
I have been creating a game called Novella some of you may have seen a few wip's posted on a few forums regarding it but I don't think any one has from here anyway.
I really like cartoon styled pixel art, it's what I'm currently doing for Novella.
This is my most recent pixel art of which is a cobra:

For some reason even though my cobra is saved as .png tinypic insists on changing it to .jpg same with photobucket, maybe they just don't like me today. Happens I guess.
I've always wanted to use a Isometric Engine but have never been able to due to finding one that'll work for me is complex as I don't know how to program well.
Anyway I'll wrap this up. Nice to be here and hope to post around a bit more frequently.
I'm Just a Panda In a Panda Eat Panda World. Panda, Panda.

Offline drunkenmappy

• skeleton on your shoulder..
    • View Profile

Reply #217 on: March 25, 2011, 10:51:04 pm
Hi, I'm drunkenmappy.

I'm a game designer by trade, and a wannabe pixel artist. Long time lurker that has finally decided to start seriously working on my skills.

kA~cHing!

Offline DuskBard

• View Profile

Reply #218 on: April 05, 2011, 09:16:29 am
Hi everyone
I'm DuskBard and I'm Italian.
The strong inspiration that drove me to join this forum(and pixel art as well, once and for all...) has risen just recently while enjoying my massive collection of old gen pc games, directly from the "Golden Era" :P I'm a hopeless lover of titles such as Lands of Lore, Ultima 7-8-ecc., Eye of the Beholder(all of them), Anvil of Dawn, Shadowcaster and ecc...
I'm just a beginner in pixel-art and ,honestly, I feel kinda shy to join this forum due to the amazing works that I've seen here around and I fear that, by posting some of the little things which I'm practicing with, I could get kicked out for wasting time of others.
I've much to learn so you'll have to be merciless when commenting my works XD
I hope to enjoy this experience :)

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:26:40 am by DuskBard »

Offline steampunk

• View Profile

Reply #219 on: April 05, 2011, 08:20:59 pm
I am 31 years old, male, and from the USA.
I chose the handle "steampunk" because I am a fan of old-fashioned gadgets and games. For instance, I like pinball machines from around the 1960s, even though I haven't had the chance to play any lately.
Online, I mainly do gaming. I am not really a MMORPG fan; I prefer traditional games such as cribbage. Sometimes I like arcade-style games, though, but I'm a lousy player.