AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364674 times)

Offline Im King Louie

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #200 on: January 30, 2011, 02:24:39 am
Howdy, I'm King Louie and I've been on-and-off pixeling for about a year now.  I started seriously drawing a few years ago and painting a few years later.  But I gotta say, I'm not so good at either.

Sometimes I hit and miss with my pics.  Some days I got it, some days I don't.  Here's some of my bests:

I usually go by RaptorFarmer, but I'm trying to switch over to Im King Louie whenever I'm allowed to use spaces in my name.

Offline Artaserse

• View Profile

Reply #201 on: February 05, 2011, 10:35:15 am
Hi, I'm Artaserse, I'm italian and I'm trying to learn pixel art off course :)
I like isometric pixel art and the old "final fantasy" style.

See you on the forum! ;)

Offline devinode

• View Profile

Reply #202 on: February 11, 2011, 12:59:14 pm
I would just like to introduce myself, Devin, and hope that I am welcomed into these forums.
Also, I am seeking help on getting into pixel art. As you can see my avatar is about the extent of my ability, right now. Most of my pixel art is fairly simplistic and minimal.
Soo, yea, Hi  ;D

By the way, I would like to apologize for posting in the wrong spot. Should've looked through the rules a bit better.  :-[
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 03:34:59 pm by ptoing »

Offline IvanM

• View Profile

Reply #203 on: February 15, 2011, 11:34:08 pm
Hello,
Another n00b in this pixel world, I will try to enjoy myself while practicing.

I borowed the name IvanM aka Ivan Morve to Mattt Konture, a great (but french) comics author.
Also, my avatar is the cover of Salt Marie Celeste, an album by Nurse With Wound. I like listening it while I'm drawing.
That have to be said.

Previous work: nothing I'm enough proud of...
And actually, the tile I'm working on for tzigla is my first "trve pixel art"* piece.

*less than 50 colors, no automated tools, no cheap tricks.

Offline Âme

• View Profile

Reply #204 on: February 17, 2011, 11:46:16 pm
Soooooo Im 13 and have been doing some pixel art for a little more than a year now. Im not that great but Id like to get into the gameing career and this seems like a good place to start and to improve my work. ya so thats probly all..... :)

Offline Demian

• View Profile

Reply #205 on: February 18, 2011, 11:29:35 pm
Hi all, my name is Damian. I'm from Buenos Aires and used to be a lead programmer at Gameloft. Im starting some iPhone game project and i have been sniffing this website for the last two weeks, i have seen amazing graphics and excellent advices so i decided to join. The whole process of critics and comments works great and i want to be part of it as i want to learn to make some decent sprites for my games.
^^

Offline MagnetiCat

• View Profile

Reply #206 on: February 27, 2011, 09:22:14 pm
Hello,

Lorenzo here! We are developing some games for iPhone. I always wanted to learn doing pixel art, and I have been reading this forum for a while. I am not sure how much time I will be able to put into this due to contract jobs,  but I will try.

Offline yrizoud

• View Profile

Reply #207 on: February 28, 2011, 10:29:43 am
Hi I'm yrizoud;
I'm a software developer (for industries, nothing very fun), I had an Amstrad CPC and an Amiga when I was a kid, and I'm still very fond of games and graphics from the 80s-90s. I've always programmed rudimentary games, doing code and graphics. I spent two years drawing huge sprites for my own fighting game on the Amiga, the project failed and the sprites were mediocre, but at least I improved. The experience helped me program a successful remake of the arcade cabinet game "Vigilante", using the original's graphics. I tend to have good theoric knowledge of pixel art, but I really lack imagination and originality, which makes me more useful for final pixelling than concept art.
At the moment my graphic-related activity is mostly to maintain the painting program Grafx2, which is probably the best I can contribute to the pixel world  ;)

Offline Jewdozer

• View Profile
    • Lolokaust MS Painters

Reply #208 on: February 28, 2011, 05:08:31 pm
Hi guys, I'm Alex.
I've been drawing in MS Paint for a good while now and I've been involved with a couple of adult themed sites using paint which I won't spam you with. I'm here to learn and looking round the boards I see some very experienced artists.

I'm looking forward to my time here.

Offline trough

• View Profile

Reply #209 on: March 02, 2011, 03:54:30 pm
Hi! My name's trough. My strength is really music but I love art and hope to become better at it. So I thought I'd just join this club of amazingly skilled artists and maybe some talent would rub off on me.

This seems like a great community and I found some great resources from the resource thread! Also, the design, skin, whatever it's called is really cool. I read the rules and it all seemed fine until this line:
Also, by registering an account you agree you are to log in at least twice per week for the next 5 years in fear of legal action by our crack team of lawyers.
Magnified:
Also, by registering an account you agree you are to log in at least twice per week for the next 5 years in fear of legal action by our crack team of lawyers.
:lol:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 03:56:32 pm by trough »