AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364580 times)

Offline pandafox

• View Profile
    • pandafox

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #180 on: October 22, 2010, 08:21:51 am
Hi everybody !

I'm Greg "Pandafox" and I'm French (sorry for my poor language sometimes) and I'm an old pixel-artist dinosaur !  :lol:

I started in 1989 with Atari ST with 16 colors. I was into a demogroup and I made a lot of pixel pics !
I gave up pixel art in 1998.
And some days ago, I just joined a "new" demogroup on this good old Atari ST, just for fun  ;D
Then, we plan to make a new demo and then I have to go back to roots with 16 colors pics ! 
Good challenge !

Offline Pandameisje

• View Profile

Reply #181 on: October 29, 2010, 07:30:46 pm
Hey there! I'm Pandameisje, a Dutch college student.

I discovered pixel art about two years ago and I'm really enjoying it. In my quest to improve I decided to join this place here. :) My favorite part of pixel art is recreating famous buildings (how weird is that?) sometimes isometric.

Offline evilDan

• View Profile
    • dansilber.com

Reply #182 on: November 08, 2010, 03:22:01 pm
Hello folks!

I'm Dan.  I love pixel Art.  I got my degree in painting and became obsessed with video game development shortly after college - and eventually went back to school to learn game Art and Animation.  The program I was in focused only on 3D, but my first job in the game industry was doing low resolution pixel art for hand held game systems.  I instantly connected with it and still love pushing pixels. 

I like programming games, but I am still relatively inexperienced as coding goes.  I made a little game called Pixel Guy's Quest that you can play on Newgrounds. 
Now I have started my own company and I am still figuring out how to make that go - although I still have a day job.     

interstellartortoise.com

Offline Clovvach

• Clovvach is awesome
    • View Profile

Reply #183 on: November 09, 2010, 04:07:33 am
Um... I guess I should have introduced myself before randomly posting. :P

Hi, I'm Clovvach. (real name is still hidden). I like art. In general, art. I've been drawing for as long as I remember, and I've been doing pixel art for several years now.
- Clovvach

Offline evilchelu

• View Profile
    • github profile

Reply #184 on: November 21, 2010, 08:20:33 pm
Hey,

I'm Cristi Balan, a web application developer from Romania. I have 0 design/art/pixelart skills.

I joined because I saw the hexquisite corpse collabs and thought I could help people spend more time on drawing and less time on doing things computers can do :)
http://tzigla.com/ - collabs & exquisite corpses, y'all

Offline Mega

• View Profile

Reply #185 on: November 24, 2010, 10:32:43 am
Hi,

I'm Mega, an Indie game developer. I've been doing basic pixel art for a year or two now, but I only started getting serious about it recently.
I'm hoping to pick up some useful tips/critique here on my work.

Offline g-c.

• Nintendo Spriter
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant

Reply #186 on: November 29, 2010, 07:46:25 pm
Hello all, I'm a French pixel-artist, I'm 20 and I'm studying in a game art school.
Please forgive my english, I'm still learning. ;D

Offline cactusanctuary

• View Profile

Reply #187 on: November 29, 2010, 09:13:39 pm
Hi all, I'm a student of games in Denmark, wanting to learn how to make pixel art, and referred here by a friend. I'm trying to learn so looking forward to hearing the comments and criticism! :D

Offline Gemini166

• Professional Pixel Mutilator
    • View Profile

Reply #188 on: December 01, 2010, 12:50:30 am
Yes. Hello. Greetings.
I am Gemini166. A lot of people on online games just shorten it down to Gem, which amuses me as my name is not Jim. I tweeted at Junkboy asking how to get more better at pixelly stuff. I've downloaded the program he recommended, and now am registering here as he said. I am a super beginner, so forgive extreme n00bishness if you can find it in your heart to do so. If you can't, just critique every little detail of every little mistake I make until I am no longer a n00b. Then everyone wins! :P Aaaanyways, I suppose I'll hang out here for a while and try to hone my skillz of teh pixel, until I have the power to use fairly few pixels but still get the point of what I am making across. And maybe even after that, so as to help those who are then like I am now. It has been fantastic meeting you, and I looking forward to hanging out on the forums.  ;)

Offline Desolate

• View Profile

Reply #189 on: December 04, 2010, 09:38:59 pm
Whats up everyone? I'm Desolate obviously :p. I've been aspiring to become a good pixel artist for some time now. I'm decent in some things, and not so decent in others. I thought it would be a good idea to join this forum. Maybe improve a little and meet some new people :D

Thanks everyone can't wait to meet you,
 Desolate.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 09:57:34 pm by ptoing »