AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 366806 times)

Offline Singularity

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #160 on: August 04, 2010, 02:22:20 am
Greetings!
My name is Derek and I have been creating pixel art since I got a Gateway computer (ewww)   in '97. My motivation back then was to make fake buttons and false icons on the desktop to confuse my parents.  ;)

Since then, I have been developing games in programs that require no scripting as I have yet to take a class in any programming languages.
My best success would probably be my remake of the elderly but amazing game "Chip's Challenge". A video walk-through of the first four levels is found here, but unfortunately it is not yet available for download.

I have been intermittently visiting this site since late 2007 or early 2008, but I intend to start participating here more and doing much more pixel art.
In advance, it's a pleasure to meet everyone.  ;D

Offline Afr0Blu3

• View Profile

Reply #161 on: August 04, 2010, 10:01:34 am
Hey there, I'm 21, just finished a BA (Hons) Games Art & Design, and I wanted to go back to spriting so I could try and make a short indie game to put on XBLA. Test the waters kinda deal. Been lurking here for a little while and decided to start actually posting.

Offline Jbrist

• View Profile

Reply #162 on: August 08, 2010, 08:35:41 pm
Hello,

So basically, I've been pixelling for a while now, although I wouldn't say I'm amazing, when I put effort into things, I recieve pretty good outcomes. I've come from a forum called HBGames, it's basically a forum based around the RPG Maker, Game Maker, and any other game making tool and programming tools, and as you'll know, making your own game look good will require custom materials, sprites included.

I've registered here to recieve C&C on my pixels and hopefully improve...

Oh and PS. I have my own religion, Jbristianity, and I WILL push it upon you all! ... just a heads up.

Offline STRd6

• View Profile
    • Pixie

Reply #163 on: August 10, 2010, 12:57:01 am
Hi,

My name is Daniel and I'm only a dabbler in pixel art. My main pastime is programming and I'm currently working on a web based pixel editor: http://pixie.strd6.com

Offline AustinIvansmith

• View Profile

Reply #164 on: August 11, 2010, 06:26:45 am
Hey everyone,

My name is Austin Ivansmith and I am a Director at WayForward.  Some random internet searching brought me here and I thought I would join in on the community.  I am a huge fan of pixel art and really look forward to cruising the site and seeing everyone's work.

Offline FunTuff

• View Profile

Reply #165 on: August 11, 2010, 11:54:56 am
Hello there!
My name is FunTuff or Gee.
I've looking here for about a week now, so now i have register.
I'm hoping to become beter and have fun here!
btw, my English is sometimes not the best, because it isn't my own language

Offline Ambient

• Aspiring artist
    • View Profile
    • ambient-art.net

Reply #166 on: August 14, 2010, 04:18:12 am
Been working with pixel art for three years, but hardcore for one. Now looking into a game design/graphics design college.
Art gives me a joy that nothing else can.

Offline seanz5

• View Profile

Reply #167 on: August 15, 2010, 12:07:21 am
Hi everyone my name is Sean/SeanZ (whichever you prefer).  I have 2 art degrees one being in video game design.  I have started fooling around with pixel art for the past 2 years and am looking to start taking it very seriously.  I am currently working on an unannounced XNA game project all done in 8-bit graphics to be released hopefully within the next few months.  I am trying my best to produce the best kind of pixel art for this game and thats what brings me here.  I want a good art community that can give me great tips, tricks, and critiques for the stuff I am working on.  I look forward to meeting everyone here.

Thanks

SeanZ

Offline Demon11777

• View Profile

Reply #168 on: August 16, 2010, 01:20:59 am
 :D Hey you crazy kids! My Name is Tim , but most people around the interweb know me as demon11777( Or merlax from byond or EO) . I started out just drawing random things on paint. Then my friend got me into Byond where i got into animating sprites. Over the years i took a few graphics classes which focused on 3d studio max. Then I got into game maker and got prety good at GML.  I love making my own sprites and all i want to do is improve  ;D! Stumbled upon this site a few days ago while looking for an RPG tile set to model off of and registered after seeing the insane quality of work.
Row Row Fight The Powah!

Offline Katzeus

• View Profile

Reply #169 on: August 17, 2010, 08:56:01 am
Hey guys, I'm new here and I'd never heard of this site till I stumbled upon it tonight.  My art background is in traditional animation, which I went to school for, and I live and breathe by movement theory, principle and physics.  I've long been a fan of game gifs, and have studied and collected quite a few classic Nintendo and newer Capcom sprites.  I just spent like 2 hours combing some of the tutorial links and want to throw my hat into the ring with some of the pros on this site.  I hope to work up some stuff soon and get feedback to ultimately be able to make a pixel portfolio.

Look forward to some feedback about my yet-to-be-designed work, and in the meantime I'll do my best to preemptively return the favor and try to be a helpful, productive member of the community here!

- Katz