AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 366740 times)

Offline Sleepless

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #150 on: July 12, 2010, 12:23:45 am
Hello Everyone, my name is Rod or Sleepless. In my free time I enjoy making pixel art, but I am currently not very good at it right now I can admit, but I hope to get some critique so I can get better. I hope to get to know you all.
You know what would make life easier? Real-life CTRL+Z

Offline gameproducer

• View Profile
    • The Infected (video game)

Reply #151 on: July 12, 2010, 07:57:27 pm
Hello pixel world.

I'm a game dev... learning a bit of pixel art for my 2D game.  ;D

Offline Demon Lizardman

• View Profile

Reply #152 on: July 13, 2010, 05:54:44 pm
Hey people, this is Demon Lizardman. I mostly do digital art with Photoshop, but then I decided to get into spriting so I can make games and such. So yeah, I'm a beginner and I kinda suck. But I hope I do improve here.

Offline snade

• I am the pixeltier.
    • View Profile
    • Oh, have a look at my portfolio, will you?

Reply #153 on: July 24, 2010, 02:07:49 pm
Hello there! I'm new here and wanted to share my work with you:

As university is over and I'm into the well deserved holidays, I thought i'd give pixeling some time again. Pixelarts and me share an on/off relationship, I've been doing it for a couple of years, but never really seriously. Now that I've found this seemingly active community there's some new spirit.

A year ago I was making some kind of portfolio-website: http://sascha_naderer.public1.linz.at/1.html
I looked into the portfolio forum, but most of the people there are looking for work (which I don't...yet) so I thought this is the right place. If not, feel free to move the thread and slap me hard :) .

My thought was to give some impressions about my current style. There's really not too much to see, but like I said, it's only an impression.
As you can see I don't really use shades, some people do, some people don't when it comes down to create isometric scenes.
For transparency (for windows), I used photoshop. I hope this does not disqualify me as a pixel artist (does it  ??? )

More of my work can be seen here:
http://snade.deviantart.com/art/The-Suburbs-164893374?q=sort%3Atime+gallery%3Asnade&qo=0
http://snade.deviantart.com/art/Twin-Dragon-Apartments-159318527?q=sort%3Atime+gallery%3Asnade&qo=2
http://snade.deviantart.com/art/Choca-Headquarters-159317896?q=sort%3Atime+gallery%3Asnade&qo=3

I'm currently working on some small projects and I think there's still room for enhancement on my work.
So, what are your thoughts?

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #154 on: July 24, 2010, 04:40:34 pm
Welcome snade. Hope you have a nice stay.

This is mainly a critique forum, so in the pixel art section goes unfinished work which you want to get comments on as far as helping to make it better goes.
Which is why I merged your thread with the introduction thread :)

Have a nice stay.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Manjaman

• View Profile

Reply #155 on: July 25, 2010, 11:16:49 am
Hi folks,
Just to make you sure i'm the very manjaman from pixel joint in case you have still doubts about that.
You can find most of my works right there, pixels or not.
Glad to join this excellent community  :-*

Offline flamesterart

• View Profile

Reply #156 on: July 29, 2010, 04:01:04 pm
I am FLamesterart ( just call me flamester) i am an ok pixel artist, though i am better with a pencil and paper, and another person recommended i come her eand show some things i have made, and about the removal of signatures, mine is too big, and i think it would be cool if instead of removing oversized sigs, you just replace them with a link. never mind about showing what ive made, the only reason i got here is because someone on another site sent me here to show it. and they only did it to screw with mejavascript:void(0); so ignore this post, ignore the thread i made for it, as i see it has already been closed. turthfully, i dont really care if you just ignore me altogether. flamester out. javascript:void(0);
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 04:17:31 pm by flamesterart »

Offline Cdaddr

• View Profile
    • Blog

Reply #157 on: July 30, 2010, 09:44:30 pm
Hello.  I'm a programmer and a fan of all things 8-bit, ever since playing Atari and NES games as a kid.

20 years later, I started working on my own game and discovered that not only were people still making pixel art, they were making absolutely amazing things with it.  I found this site via a recent article about pixel art as nostalgia vs. real art.  It's definitely both for me.

I feel like I've already learned a lot just lurking around here for a week.  I hope to learn more by posting a bit.

Offline paste

• View Profile

Reply #158 on: August 02, 2010, 09:41:24 pm
Hi there.

I'm a game programmer, trying to refine my pixel art skills.  I was advised to head over here by some folks at tigsource.  Hello!

Offline Zubodybop

• View Profile

Reply #159 on: August 03, 2010, 02:54:26 pm
Hi, I'm Zubodybop. I've been pixeling since like 2001, but haven't really taken it seriously until this past year. I started editing Megaman sprites, but I got past edits awhile ago, and I really hope to improve now. I'm not the greatest artist drawing-wise (don't really have the patience because there's no CTRL-Z in real life. xD), but I enjoy pixeling immensely.

I'm also interested in game programming, and would love to put my sprites into action in a game one day.