AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364661 times)

Offline nube78

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #140 on: May 20, 2010, 06:10:05 pm
Hi :-)
This is my first post here, i have just registered an account and i hope to post in the right section to introduce myself ;-)

My name is Davide, i am from Italy and i am 32 years old, i always loved the 2d graphic and finally i decided to jump in :-)

I have also seen that there are a lot of tutorials about pixel art, so my first question, as a newbie into this kind of graphic, is: from which tutorial start?

Thanks in advance for the help :-)

Offline Lizzrd

• View Profile

Reply #141 on: May 24, 2010, 11:05:45 am
I would reccomend getting familiar with the program you plan to use first and then look up pixelart tuts.
Photocopier: the fact that arne can also code so well
Photocopier: is horrificly unfair

Offline nube78

• View Profile

Reply #142 on: May 24, 2010, 11:40:59 am
for the program no problem, but if you could suggest me a tutorial i would be gratefull :-) thanks :-)

Offline Lizzrd

• View Profile

Reply #143 on: May 27, 2010, 07:00:53 am
http://www.derekyu.com/?page_id=218
Here is a very basic one  :)
Photocopier: the fact that arne can also code so well
Photocopier: is horrificly unfair

Offline nube78

• View Profile

Reply #144 on: May 27, 2010, 08:53:03 am

Offline FreshBlood77

• View Profile

Reply #145 on: June 13, 2010, 09:08:17 am
Wow, Pixelation's back, and I never even knew!

Hi folks, I used to post regularly on the old Pixelation site years ago. I called myself "LePensky" in those days. It's great to see familiar names like Ptoing and Helm (who was always my fiercest critic!) - sadly I've not actually done any pixelling for many years, but I might dig out my old pixel art stuff and see if there's anything worth resurrecting.

I'm happy to see the forum also caters for stuff that falls outside of the realms of pixel art in the purest sense; I'll definitely be tempted to post some work there.

Great to be back, and I'm hugely excited to check out everyone's awesome pixel art :-)

Offline kamol

• View Profile

Reply #146 on: June 29, 2010, 09:14:26 am
Hello there.

By taking a look around on this I realized I am probably one of your elder guys here. I am Kamol from Germany, female and almost 35 years old, haha. :crazy: I work as a Graphic Designer for quite a couple of years now and have always been interested in pixel arts. I am a newbe at it though. All I could show you is a bunch of pixeled emoticons I did so far and some very small pixeled experiments. The reason why I registered here is: I want to improve my pixel skills for a little non commercial project I am supposed to do for a friend who is about to build a discussion plattform about games and needs some decent new emoticons and graphics there.

Thanks for this place, I hope I will be able to learn a fewthings here.
K.

Offline alisha

• View Profile

Reply #147 on: June 30, 2010, 08:58:05 pm
Hi!
Well these are some cute emoticons, but I will try to restrain myself from using them too much!  ;D
My name is Alisha, I've been pixelling for a while now but to be honest my work isn't evolving like I would hope, I have gotten better in fact MUCH better but hey you can only get better right?
Anywho, so I am here to learn more and hopefully become at least almost as good as some of the artists I've seen out there   :)
Alisha

Offline Dr. Spankenstein

• Comprises 99.9% noob and 0.01% luck
    • View Profile

Reply #148 on: July 02, 2010, 11:54:45 am
Hello there.

I'm PhD student in music but I am a complete novice when it comes to pixel art.  I look forward to learning a lot from the rest of you guys.  :)

Offline FRAWG

• Ribbit Ribbit
    • View Profile

Reply #149 on: July 04, 2010, 05:38:51 pm
Well hello to you all!
I'm FRAWG, a young pixel artist who hopes to get into a career in computer graphics.