AuthorTopic: Mockup Frenzy #8: Megaman!  (Read 296610 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Mockup Frenzy #8: Megaman!

Reply #250 on: October 03, 2008, 07:09:26 pm

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #251 on: October 03, 2008, 09:06:06 pm

Oooh i really like those.
The bottom one especially. Although i don't think the top one really works, it just looks like he's punching really.

Offline vpk

• View Profile
    • my blog...

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #253 on: October 04, 2008, 03:13:55 am
Hrm. X actually has a buster attack that looks like he`s just punching. I assume that Xion is basing his version more on X than the original. Really like the way that little dude shakes it....keep it up

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #254 on: October 04, 2008, 03:39:17 am
Hrm. X actually has a buster attack that looks like he`s just punching. I assume that Xion is basing his version more on X than the original. Really like the way that little dude shakes it....keep it up

Ah ok, that's cool then.  ::)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #255 on: October 04, 2008, 06:08:45 am
naw, not really. I always thought it'd be cool to have a megaman that sort of "throws" his shots instead of just arm-extended type stuff. Guess I missed the mark. I've never even really played a megaman game all like that. He just never seemed like a very inspired character to me.

Offline Eirikr

• View Profile

Reply #256 on: October 07, 2008, 05:48:30 am

Here's my try at it. It's quite an amateurish effort, but I thought I'd stretch my limits beyond what I normally do. The only sprite I'm really happy about is the energy charge, although I do like the sickly tone of the hard hat guy.

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #257 on: October 09, 2008, 12:59:50 am
Just for clarification, how many colors do i get for my sprite? from the NES restrictions thing i gathered i get 4 palettes of 3 colors? plus 1 alpha? seemed like too much to me, i don't mean to sound like a ditz. i just didn't understand.  :(

Are there any size limits to the sprite?
Lol, im late to this whole thing. i prolly wont post anything, just want to clear myself up on NES. seems like something i should know.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #258 on: October 09, 2008, 07:11:34 am
Just for clarification, how many colors do i get for my sprite? from the NES restrictions thing i gathered i get 4 palettes of 3 colors? plus 1 alpha? seemed like too much to me, i don't mean to sound like a ditz. i just didn't understand.  :(

Are there any size limits to the sprite?
Lol, im late to this whole thing. i prolly wont post anything, just want to clear myself up on NES. seems like something i should know.

about sprite size:

a 'sprite' is technically an entity of 16x16 (it's not 8, right?) pixels with 3 colours + transparency. For making anything larger than 16x16 sprite-wise, you just tile a bunch of sprites just like you'd tile background elements. Thus, trying to be efficient about sprite size really helps, since the amount of possible visible sprites on-screen is limited (wtf is up with my grammar today?).

About colours, I as well am trying to wrap my head around it, but read the thread carefully and I think you (and me) 'll get it soon enough! LET'S IMPROVING PIXELS!
' _ '

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #259 on: October 09, 2008, 07:35:59 am
a 'sprite' is technically an entity of 16x16 (it's not 8, right?) pixels with 3 colours + transparency.
Actually, it's either 8x8 or 8x16. Awkward, if you ask me, but that's what i see everywhere and that is confirmed by this technical programming reference. So ...

Btw, that document also explains that, despites tiles (on bg) are 8x8, you can only assign a palette to a 16x16 (a SMB block) or 32x32 meta-tile (a SMB pipe) ...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:43:34 am by PypeBros »