AuthorTopic: Mockup Frenzy #8: Megaman!  (Read 296589 times)

Offline Lord Ash

• View Profile

Re: Mockup Frenzy #8: Megaman!

Reply #80 on: August 23, 2008, 02:31:30 pm
@ Conceit, I always saw at as a recollection of the travels he went through during the game,j like it took him a whole year to defeat the robot masters, and restore peace. Rock is the the perfect assassin, he travels alone primarily, and defeats  insurmountable odds. All without complaining, and with the same melancholy attitude about destroying billions of dollars in rogue machinery. Just my interpretation.

Offline xenobond

• View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #81 on: August 23, 2008, 07:25:36 pm
These all look real cool guys(&gals). Just saw this so hopefully I can get something in on time. XD

Already got my idea, just need to get it going, son!

Offline mice

• View Profile

Reply #82 on: August 23, 2008, 07:48:14 pm
ZX anyone? Tried to, anyway.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #83 on: August 23, 2008, 08:04:51 pm
Thanks.  ;D I kind of meant him to look lifeless because of something Arne said which made me look at the first few games in a whole new light.
Quote from: ANJ
Megaman has always been a silent lethal assassin to me. He got in there and did the job without bla bla bla teen angst. His mouth is just a neutral line most of the time, and the first games didn't really have any lines/speech for him.

I'll do some tiles for the little guy tomorrow.
Well I did a minor edit:

I think the problem was his eyes and mouth were so spread apart from each other that it ended up looking like a mask instead of a face. I know this is kind of against what you were going for, but it was really distracting me.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 08:08:45 pm by Dusty »

Offline Zombiechao

• View Profile

Reply #84 on: August 23, 2008, 11:24:28 pm
I'm guessing this won't count but it is only a work in progress anyway. I'll post the final product later. (When its done. DUH)

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #85 on: August 24, 2008, 12:07:32 pm
Ryona: Here's a suggestion for your warpgal....=) is she projecting her warp cone from her vagina?...that reminds me of the hilt suggestion I gave ya on the ninja topic =) I think warp is a much better theme for the debutant robotmaster-woman. I mean call me a perv but I couldnt help but think of squirting when they came up with SplashMa'am O_o

That's a pretty neat style, Conceit. I might make her hands black like what you got there.
As for the warp-projection-thing, yeah, I guess it does look like that. lol ..She's actually just creating the warp attack infront of her in mid-air.
Oh, and about SplashWoman, when I first saw that she's a robot mermaid, my first thought was that Mirre would get a real kick out of her.

Anyway, I had some fun with WarpWoman and animated her!

Good work with everyone else!

Rosse, that's a solid level you designed. Really looks like it would fit in a MegaMan.

There's some interesting styles some people are coming up with, but aren't we supposed to design bosses, enemies, and stages that would actually fit in a classic MegaMan game?
Some of the new stuff I've seen here seems to defeat that purpose.

??? How does every topic Ryona is in end up on the topic of female sexuality?

Much like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, the world may never know...

..Oh wait... That's been answered.... http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/367432
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 12:15:36 pm by Ryona »

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #86 on: August 24, 2008, 02:56:10 pm
There's some interesting styles some people are coming up with, but aren't we supposed to design bosses, enemies, and stages that would actually fit in a classic MegaMan game?
Some of the new stuff I've seen here seems to defeat that purpose.

I figured the purpose was to show what Capcom could have done with the NES restrictions in MM9, rather than reverting back to MM1. Sure, they had a strong style going, but that doesn't exclude a change in style from being possible. If a new style looks better while maintaining restrictions, I don't see why it wouldn't be a plausible step Capcom could have taken.

Offline rdcarvallo

• View Profile

Reply #87 on: August 25, 2008, 03:27:08 am
Update of KatanaMan:
Some stage tiles, the boss fighting MegaMan complies with the NES restriction, there is a bigger version of the boss.

Also Here comes a new Robot Master, DinamiteMan

C&C welcome!

Edit: added DinamiteMan.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 04:03:07 am by rdcarvallo »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #88 on: August 25, 2008, 06:16:58 pm
still a wip:

megaman now uses 9 sprites

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #89 on: August 25, 2008, 07:26:07 pm
Some very nice stuff so far.

Alex: I like the pixelling going there, good technique, superb details. But atm it's a priority mess. It's very hard to say which tiles are supposed to be be background or foreground.
I think a fiddling with the palettes is in order.

Rough edit with respective greyscale versions underneath. Apart from the colours I also removed the highlights on those background tiles (or what I assumed was background anyway) Actually looking at it, the details, while being nicely done, hurt the readability. Low contrast and fuzzy = not good.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 07:52:02 pm by ptoing »
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.